Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
6,186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys think it sjould bend like this or should it be able to hold up straight through the lowside.

It was special lowside and if you want you can read more about it here

What you think? Should I opt for another brand of sliders?

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
it should not have bent over. but it did its job

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
It shouldnt bend, but a lot of frame sliders do bend. Ive bent all mine except for one wreck. Look at this pic of this frame slider its flat and doesnt look like it will grab like the normal round tube sliders.

·
Premium Member
4,038 Posts
It shouldnt bend, but a lot of frame sliders do bend. Ive bent all mine except for one wreck. Look at this pic of this frame slider its flat and doesnt look like it will grab like the normal round tube sliders.
Prolly won't bend, but it does stick out so it can still catch as the bike slides. Could shear off, or cause the bike to tumble a bit, but any slider can do that.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
vortex

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
neither will a block of wood you crashing bastard.

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
haha.

makes me thing.

at vir when someone asked fever if that was frame slider or a burnt candle sticking out of his bike

hahaha

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
im sitting here laughing...who said that shit.........that was a funny sob

·
Registered
6,418 Posts
must have been aaron.

you better fix that dam throttle instead of mack daddy parting

·
Premium Member
17,154 Posts
must have been aaron.

you better fix that dam throttle instead of mack daddy parting
been fixed home!! it is new, i also got the key fixed, and got spares made... all the bike will have now is custom scratches on the tank

·
Premium Member
4,723 Posts
I'll second the yoyo's. I had a 100+ lowside and they didn't bend or break.

R

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
ive bent both of my last sets of frame sliders. i forget what brand the first ones were, but the second set was from dgowland on this site. and i went down hard! the slider wasnt as badly bent as yours, but bent a little. but any slider would have bent in that situation.. i highly recommend you reach out for dgowland on this site.. you can usually find him in the 1k forum. he takes good care of gixxer.com members, and he makes them out of delrin which is exactly like the intuitive sliders.

·
Here is your "R"
6,926 Posts
Guys make sure whatever frame slider you buy, that the bolts a GRADE 8

·
Registered
335 Posts
Take the time to look at how the LSL's mount to the frame. Anyone else doing it this way? Not sure. More expensive? Yes. Worth it? Yes.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts