Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering how comfortable you guys are on your gixxers? I'm on a ex500 now and have been learning for about 8 months now. I've been riding alot and am getting ready to move up. I really want a gixxer750 but my main concern is that it'll be too painful for longer rides. I'm young and can deal with a little pain to look cool on such a perty bike
but if it's going to be so bad that I can only go 5 miles before taking a break from the pain, then that might not be so nifty...

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
I am relatively young and I can ride for hours without stopping and it does not really bother me. Get on one and try it out and you make the call. The ergonomics are less comfortable than your 500, but nothing too bad. Later,

·
Registered
906 Posts
It's all up to personal preference, you have to try them out and see how you fit on the bike. I am pretty darn comfortable on mine. Everything is right where I want it to be.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
Get the sand out of your vagina and deal with it.

Gixxers are freakin racing bikes. They're not goldwings. They are not ment for comfort, they are meant to handle, accelerate and stop very quickly. If you want to do all of those, then get used to the fact that you will have to take a break every 70 miles or so and thats it. It's worth it.....I promise

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Christ dude, relax. I never said i expected it to be like a goldwing. I know it's going to be a bit oncomfortable, i just don't know how bad it will be. That's why i was asking how comfortable you felt on your gixxer.

I've sat on it in the stores, but they don't let you test ride them, so it's not quite the same...

·
Registered
122 Posts
Quite being a wuss and just get one and ride.........

JUST KIDDING!!!

I am over 40 and have a K4 750 that I ride for hours on end and have no problems. I am six foot 185 lbs and this bike is more comfortable than the Yamaha Roadstar Warrior I had before the 750. I like the way I sit and ride on this bike. With the Warrior I always had a hunched back and was reaching for the handlebars too far.

·
Banned
952 Posts
Get the sand out of your vagina and deal with it.

Gixxers are freakin racing bikes. They're not goldwings. They are not ment for comfort, they are meant to handle, accelerate and stop very quickly. If you want to do all of those, then get used to the fact that you will have to take a break every 70 miles or so and thats it. It's worth it.....I promise
i agree. im 6'1-230 and i have to stop and stretch things out after about an hour and a half of straight riding. its not so much uncomfortable as much as im just a bigger guy, and i know that none of these bikes are made to fit me. regardless, these bikes are a blast to ride and own, and theyre worth it.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Honestly, there is really no way for you to find out unless you jump the gun and buy one. Of all the 04/05 600 bikes (and I've ridden all 4 major makes), I found the the gsxr has the most comfortable seat with the new 05 r6 running right behind it. The gsxr seat is pretty soft so it's comfy on your ass. But even so, on my gsxr, After riding for about an hour in a half or so, i still find myself needing to take a break. These sportbikes are just not made to be comfortable for long trips. But either way, you'll love the bike too much to even care about that.

·
Registered
457 Posts
I do 300-400miles per day when we ride with no problems....1hr to 1.5hr is about all I can do at one stretch.

The most painful part is those long straight sections......they suck....once you hit the twisties all the pain goes away!

·
Registered
28 Posts
I went from a 02 YZF to a 04 750 and find that Gixxer to be less comfortable. The Gixxer is a bigger bike and my feet don't sit as flat as they did on the R6 (I am only 5'7") The Gixxer's seat is also very uncomortable. Seems much harder than the Yamaha's. I think an aftermarket Gel seat is needed for longer trips. My back tends to get sore more easier than the when I rode the R6. In any case I think the Gixxer overall is a better bike and more fun to ride. I also had a Ninja 250 which is very similar in ergonomics to the 500. That was a comfy little bike. The added power of the 600 or 750 will make highway driving much more fun. Go to a few dealers and start sitting on bikes. In any case I think you should move up to a bigger bike.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Dude it's a race bike not a fucking Lazy boy. I take a break every 50 miles or so. Stop complaining about your pussy hurting you and get a gixxer.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cool... looks like most people go at least an hour before having to stop, which is plenty enough for me. Thanks for the input people. I'll go wash my vagina now...

·
Registered
38 Posts
The GSXR is by far the most comfy of the 4 main sportbikes. My 954rr seat was like riding on a piece of wood! The Kawis are OK but not great. R1's are about the same as the 954 but faster. Ummmm that had nothing to do with comfort haha sorry.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have an 04 GSXR 750. I added a gel seat and repositioned the pegs up and back 1 inch, now it is more comfortable than ever!

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Cool... looks like most people go at least an hour before having to stop, which is plenty enough for me. Thanks for the input people. I'll go wash my vagina now...
Yea he'll fit in here.

n00bies who care about comfort

·
Registered
969 Posts
5' 8" tall 140 pounds. I ride 100+ miles a day. It feels more comfortable that my Acura. Believe it or not I don't even like to drive that car anymore. Been out on the bike for 14 hours in one day. Was tired and my ass hurt a little but still felt ok.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I was just wondering how comfortable you guys are on your gixxers? I'm on a ex500 now and have been learning for about 8 months now. I've been riding alot and am getting ready to move up. I really want a gixxer750 but my main concern is that it'll be too painful for longer rides. I'm young and can deal with a little pain to look cool on such a perty bike
but if it's going to be so bad that I can only go 5 miles before taking a break from the pain, then that might not be so nifty...
I rode my GSXR 600 for 9 1/2 hrs from Maryland to Myrtle Beach. It was a hell of a ride and i was a little sore when I got there but nothing too horrible. The normal cramped after nearly 1/2 a day.

·
Registered
9,633 Posts
I do 300-400miles per day when we ride with no problems....1hr to 1.5hr is about all I can do at one stretch.

The most painful part is those long straight sections......they suck....once you hit the twisties all the pain goes away!
long straight sections

I rode for 11 hours straight only stopping for gas when needed
The last hour of which was on a super slab straight north from LEX to CIN in KY
90 miles in 60 minmutes at ~ 90 to 100 mph
The other 10 were all twisted.....
Yeah I was sore but I got up and did another 6 the following day

1 - 20 of 24 Posts