Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
I commuted home from Manhattan to New Jersey once last year late at night. It was 17 frigging degrees when I left. DAMMM cold. My visor was starting to crystallize by the time I got home. I'd say mid 30s would be a pretty good limit for anybody otherwise, you're riding on some pretty slippery asphalt. Luckily my trip is only about 15/20 minutes.
Mike

·
My name is Meyer dammit!!
24,678 Posts
Yeah, I am from Illinois and use to ride with snow on the ground. Then I got a little older and was like fuck that noise. I still ride when its pretty chilly.

·
Registered
175 Posts
So what's a good winter glove and heated grip?

I just picked up a Joe Rocket Balistic Jacket and Pant set, but my leather gloves are just not good enough and my Thinsulate gloves take away the feel for me with the controls.

I'll park it most likely late Nov, I left earlier in the week at 36 degrees and it was a little cold at 50mph with my standard Shift jacket and liner.

I never realized how bad the circulation was in my hands till I started riding a bike last August.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Pffft - pussies... :p

As long as there isn't ice on the roads, it's fine :D I've ridden in snow storms before - not something I'd recommend, though :lol
That’s what I’m saying I rode in the teens because I had no choice getting back from Connecticut to Philadelphia. Long Johns/Thermals, Insulated Columbia jacket, Baclava, Alpinestars boots w/ Long thick cabela socks, and my kreiga are what helped big time. This winter alone, I have ridden almost daily with the exception of the days of snowfall. Thermal underpants are really your best friend. I tried to ride with plain old Levi jeans, I was frozen in 10 minutes going 85. Levi’s + Thermals I’m able to go for hours going 85+. Anybody who can’t go out below 50 is a wuss. The cold isn’t that bad, like a user said above it’s all about what you wear and how you layer.

61 - 64 of 64 Posts