Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last year I converted my 2004 750 to a track only bike. I put sharskinz on and removed the headlight and tail light. I now wish there was a way that I could ride on the street with my track plastics on, since I sold the street plastics. Is there a way to mount a headlight and tail light for street riding without cutting my platics and have them be easily removable for the track? I recall once seeing a picture of a members track bike on this site with an aftermarket headlight mounted inside the windscreen. I am not getting to the track often enough and I need to ride.

·
Premium Member
11,887 Posts
I installed a PIA foglight up front and mounted the stock brake light to the rear. This is assuming you didn't chop up your wiring harness. It was pretty simple. Didn't look the greatest but it was ridable and visible.

·
Highly unstable
32,025 Posts
that was probably my bike that you saw. i had a fog light mounted on the inside of the windscreen above the tach. i made adjustable L brackets to mount to the fairing stay and attached to the fog light. out back my tail section was prepped like a street tail section so i used the stock tail light and blinkers. but you can get an LED brake light strip and use velcro to the underside of your tail if its not prepped for it. you can go without blinkers though and use hand signals if you have to. or you can rig them up too. its pretty easy. just think it through.

·
Registered
7,447 Posts
You can get a headlight at AutoZone. And even find a way to mount it under the front fairing, above the front wheel. I've seen that done, too. The red LED strip is a good idea for the taillight. :thumbup

·
Registered
9,217 Posts
just got to autozone or pepboys and buy some cheap headlights and tail lights, run them to the battery inline with a fuse and switch and your good to go... a few guys who do trackdays all the time did this to get around on the streets, they moutned it under the front cowl and it works just fine...

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,544 Posts
:facepalm

check the thread date. you just gotta be "that guy" i guess... :lol

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
haha.its was more so that i could add the link to this thread and subscribe so i wouldnt forget it. :biggrin

·
Premium Member
1,974 Posts
Gonna call up those zombies again........
BMFGSXR, did you ever find those pics of the setup you had? I am converting my street bike to track sometime soon, but still want to ride it on the street occasionally. A quick bolt in head and tail light for street days would be awesome. Just need to pass a VA inspection.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.