Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 92 GSXR 750....it feels hot as hell when Riding...dont have any problems with it...but was wondering if I can add a temp guage and how can I cool it down more??? Basically how do I know the cooling system is working also??

·
Registered
144 Posts
when i bought my 86 11, the tweek had an autometer temp gauge on it. he had tapped into the lower right side cover (front). he took out the large bolt and made some type of conversion using brass fittings. then he mounted the gauge next to the speedo cluster. i yanked all that shit off asap. but if you feel the need to put one on, there is one idea. oil gixxers tend to run hot, sor that matter, my 01 750 runs closew to 200 degrees when in town and its warm outside. gixxers are famous for running warm........you could always buy a honda if you wwant a temp gauge, shit you might even get a gas gauge while your at it.........

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nah did the yama thing and was not happy....no power or play....thus the 92 Gixxer was bestowed upon me and I was forever converted to Gixxerism...Now I have wood daily.

thanks for the lockhart info....the reason Im asking is I live on an island...always hot....I want to maintain my bike forever if possable....shoot
Originally posted by oldskool86:
when i bought my 86 11, the tweek had an autometer temp gauge on it. he had tapped into the lower right side cover (front). he took out the large bolt and made some type of conversion using brass fittings. then he mounted the gauge next to the speedo cluster. i yanked all that shit off asap. but if you feel the need to put one on, there is one idea. oil gixxers tend to run hot, sor that matter, my 01 750 runs closew to 200 degrees when in town and its warm outside. gixxers are famous for running warm........you could always buy a honda if you wwant a temp gauge, shit you might even get a gas gauge while your at it.........
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
3 Posts
Originally posted by Shayne:
I have a 92 GSXR 750....it feels hot as hell when Riding...dont have any problems with it...but was wondering if I can add a temp guage and how can I cool it down more??? Basically how do I know the cooling system is working also??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
763 Posts
Shayne,

One option to cool your GSXR down is to use an additional oil-cooler up underneath the rear section or up front. Or a larger oil-cooler from the GSXR 1100's or the bandits (in which you may need to change a little bit of plumbing (nuts and bolts or connectors) or go to an aftermaket oil-cooler. There are a few companies that make them. Also the top-end oiling kits that are on the market work well too and are real nice to the top end of your motor...

Good Luck!

JDB1371

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys...will look into getting a new rad then...just got one for my computer...cant be to much more expensive...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts