Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, take a look at my pictures. These are shots of my radiator cap area and I'm not sure how about I should fix this.
I lay my bike down last weekend and the impact crushed the radiator in little. I'm not too concerned about radiator fins all fucked up as long as they don't leak, but I'm really concerned about radiator cap funnel part.
First of all it's tilted and second, it has good size dent on funnel part itself and I can't get the cap to come off.
My bike is overheating and fan is not turning on at all.
Any idea how to get the radiator cap off and fix my overheating problem?
BTW it's 05 750.
Thanks for all your help in advance.

·
Registered
116 Posts
is it leaking? if not don't wory about it.. If it is, just take it to a radiator shop. but they will not be able to make it look brand new... what did you do?

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
well his fan isn't coming on, so yes it needs to be fixed. the cap appears like it can come off, but i'm not there. its a bit tricky to get off so if u havent' done it b4 it could be annoying.

the fan on the back side, just make sure the switch is connected to it, and that nothing has been destroyed. Also, the fan doesn't even kick till about 225 so if you haven't waited till then, that could be why.

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All the connections are in place. It's just the fan that won't come on and I went upto 240
few times without fan kicking in. I'll check the fuse box tomorrow. I have a buzzzz and I shouldn't be anywhere near my bike now.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Do you leak coolant at all? That cap may not be seating properly, and that will cause overheating..... Fix the fan first, if it still runs hot, new radiator cap (also have to check the seat, may need a new rad period.)

Scott

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I was leaking coolant from radiator cap. You were right Scott, cap wasn't sitting properly. I took the cap off this morning and it looked alot worse inside then looking from out side. Bottom of the cap was stuck inside I had to use plier to get the sucker out. I used vise to tried to make cap funnel part as round as I can. Hope this will work out for me. Well, new radiator cap is in order and back to body work.
Is this round enoght? Bottom/inner park of cap is now going in and out freely and I can close the cap easely.

Anyone know if this might have been the reason for fan not turning on? Sucks I won't know until my new radiator cap comes in.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I dont think that will work.... Its going to have to be almost perfectly round. If any air can leak out, the system will not pressurize, and that will cause over heating. By bringing the system to 16psi that raises the boiling point of pure water from 212 to 260. Approx. 3 degrees per Psi. So that cap is very important, most people do not realize how important a radiator cap is to the cooling system.

Does anyone know if a 01-03 600 Radiator will work on the 04/05s? If so, I have a radiator I can sell you...

Scott

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
just hop on Ebay and buy a new radiator

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
03' and earier year's will not fit the 04-05's.

Look on ebay and throw the POS away! It looks more and more like it is dead bro!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts