Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How are the K5\'s with PCIII USB\'s doing now?

I am gonna buy one soon since all you horsepower hungry fools out there seem to love them. Anyhow, have they been revised or updated for the K5?

Thanks for the info.

·
Registered
9,968 Posts
Re: How are the K5\'s with PCIII USB\'s doing now?

i got mine back last thursday and all was fixed, ran fine, raced great

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

I ordered mine from morepowerracing.com like 3 weeks ago and it just shipped today. The guy called me on Saturday and said it was a new shipment that just came in so they should be the fixed ones. Said he was even going to pre-program it for my bike and slip-on. I didn't know that was something they usually even did.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Thanks for the feedback! Time for more power!

·
Banned
14,060 Posts

For those who run it on the 05 1K this area is unclear to me and in the previous posts.

Does using the power commander disable the secondary injectors?

I see on there web site it only connect to 4 of the 8 injectors. How does that work?

·
Registered
334 Posts

rraiderr wrote: For those who run it on the 05 1K this area is unclear to me and in the previous posts.

Does using the power commander disable the secondary injectors?

I see on there web site it only connect to 4 of the 8 injectors. How does that work?

The power commander only attaches to the Secondary Injectors......So 'No", they're not disabled.

·
Registered
567 Posts

The power commander only attaches to the Secondary Injectors......So 'No", they're not disabled.
You mean the primary injectors, right?

·
Registered
334 Posts

I mean exactly what I said....The PCIII USB Connects to the SECONDARY INJECTORS. If you connect it to the Primary Injectors the bike will run like shit

·
Registered
9,968 Posts

I mean exactly what I said....The PCIII USB Connects to the SECONDARY INJECTORS. If you connect it to the Primary Injectors the bike will run like shit
no, the PC connects to the primaries.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

Not too sure about that.

·
Registered
334 Posts

no, the PC connects to the primaries.
The Primary Injector are the Top Injectors and the Secondary Injectors are the lower injectors.....Right?

·
Registered
334 Posts

Ah shit.....I just looked in the Service Manual....The Lowers Are the Primaries....So Yes...You connect the PCIII USB to the Primaries....I thought the lowers were the Secondaries so that's why I was saying that.

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts

I'm pretty sure the primaries are on the bottom and the 2ndary are on top.

·
Registered
202 Posts

Is there any way to tell whether I have the old or new I got mine last month and have not put it on yet, what are the symptoms to look for if I have a bad one? Sorry for my ignorance

·
Registered
200 Posts

If which light comes on? I just got mine like a week or so ago.
Sorry for my ignorance too.
My only problem is that there are no friggin maps for the on the website if you dont have a full micron or yosh system. Hopefully they will have that fixed, if not they will have mine for a Micron Slip on here in a week or so.

·
Registered
1,118 Posts

Is there any way to tell whether I have the old or new I got mine last month and have not put it on yet, what are the symptoms to look for if I have a bad one? Sorry for my ignorance
Call Power Comander and give them your serial number of the unit and they will be able to tell you if it is good or not. I sent mine in to them on May 28th via 2-3 day priority. They got it on the 31st. It did not get shipped out untill June 9th. They told me I should be receiving the unit back today. This turn around timing is totaly unexceptable. On top of the fact that I had to pay to ship it back. I have sent a few emails to Dustin at Dyno Jet to complain about it. Of course all I got was a "I'm sorry". I think I will go with the Yosh EMS cube next time.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts