·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sunday in the AMA ProStar finals

Chip Hunter went an 9.129 @ 151.53 mph on a 2005 GSXR1000

to defeat

Rick Gadson's 9.337 @ 153.96 mph on a 2005 GSXR1000

And yes these bike are basically all stock. Only mods are over the counter parts you can pick up at your local dealer.

And Kawasaki fans your main man on the strip, Mr. Gadson is on a gixxer this year. Also those that want to know... the ZX 10's and R1's did not stand a chance
against the 05. Oh and the first time out on the track for Ricky and the 05 he was on..... he crashed, but walked away.

Suzuki is just taking everything this year

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Chip Hunter went an 9.129 @ 151.53 mph on a 2005 GSXR1000
good lord!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
did you go?
Yeah I was out there all day Sunday. Talked to Lee for a little bit. They had some fast stuff out there...mostly gixxers. Rick Gadson crash was really strange. He left on a good launch, front wheel inches off the ground by the 60ft mark looked like he short shifted into second and the front wheel stayed in the air (knee high). It was beautiful because you could see the bike just making power and going faster and faster. But something weird happen right before the 8th miles. The bike looked as if it kinda tilted to the left and he sat it down and the front just washed out. The bike went one way and he went the other.

Another crashed happen, but I was walking around then. Guy on a ZX 12 had a high speed wobble right before the finished line and crashed. He had to be air lifted out. Prayers go out to him. From what I heard his injuries were pretty bad.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Damn, my ZX-10 boys in Fla.
are goin' to be pissed this year - losing Gadsen and all. I told them the K5 had the shit for the ZX
. Damn that's haulin' azz!

·
Registered
335 Posts
reaction time has nothing to do with et.
60' was 1.55 and 330' was 4.02

Every mod done to the bike is available to the public. Even the SS prep work done on the motor(only done the top end haven't split the cases to look at bearings)

here is a pic of my bike

·
Registered
33 Posts
1.55 with stock shock at 3" ground clearance......you da man......we got our 10 turning 9.1x's but we have a swing arm.... are you foot shifting?

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Dam Chip I didn't know you were on the board. I must say great riding my friend and congrats on that victory. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of h.p. numbers is your bike putting out, and what clutch set up are you using being the 05 has the slipper clutch? I had actually stopped by your trailer to ask a few questions about that TSUKIGI Exhaust you had on the table, but you guess looked a little busy. Didn't want to bother you and I never got the chance to get back around there.

·
Registered
335 Posts
JaBoe, no worries on interupting us if you have questions on the exhaust at the track or you can just pm me here.

As for the clutch I haven't done anything special other than burn up 3 sets of steels so far trying to get a handle on the magic adjustment.

·
Registered
60 Posts
nice pic c hunter and yea are u foot shifting, and hows the launch, i have an 05 y/b, but im gonna stretch it to keep it on the ground!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
As for the clutch I haven't done anything special other than burn up 3 sets of steels so far trying to get a handle on the magic adjustment.
so would you say there is some truth to our Suzuki rep saying he wouldn't recommend average joe taking his K5 to the strip because the slipper clutch will cause you to go through plates much quicker? Probably had 30 or more passes on my K3 with no problems, but the K5 is my street bike and bone stock, so I'd hate to burn up a $200 clutch just screwing around running 10's... sorry thread hijack over

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
JaBoe, no worries on interupting us if you have questions on the exhaust at the track or you can just pm me here.

Hey Chip, thanks for the input and answering my questions. I guess when I stoped by you were getting ready to go out for the next round, I just like to bother people when they are busy especially when it comes to race time. But any way you got mail now

·
Registered
335 Posts
my issues are nothing to do with the slipper clutch setting

I generally tend to burn up clutches initially on race bikes until I find a clutch stack height, free play amount, and spring pressure that suits me. For the average rider just hitting the drag strip every now and then I think the clutch is fine but I am not a Suzuki tech so...

Yes, foot shifting.

·
Registered
24 Posts
What happened to Ryan Schintz this year? I would love to see how he would do against the K5 on the the 10R. Do you think anyone will top his 8.885 seconds at 157.48 mph form 04 this year?

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Ryan and Rob Muzzy have moved on to the NHRA Prs Stock class. Currenty team Muzzy are running a Buell. And they aren't doing to bad at all.

That run could be beat. Teams are still working out a few bugs and different set ups at different tracks. The 03 and 04.... two years out, two years of getting the set up right. The 05 first year out..... And in my opinion with the way the 05 is running now I think it will be beat. I'm betting Chip or Ricky will set the mark. Although Chip has already set a mark that has got some eyes wide open and some long face ZX10 and R1 racers talking.

·
Banned
2,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What happened to Ryan Schintz this year? I would love to see how he would do against the K5 on the the 10R. Do you think anyone will top his 8.885 seconds at 157.48 mph form 04 this year?
Ryan Schnitz at the Spring Nationals, qualified 7th with a 7.169 @ 189.68 mph

1 - 20 of 45 Posts