Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
Lots of fabrication (cutting/welding)...

·
Registered
311 Posts
um....no. Well at least IM talking about using a 02 subframe and a 05 750 tail fairing. they look like they bolt up almost identical

·
Premium Member
4,453 Posts
um...no.

But good luck with bolting it on....

·
Registered
121 Posts
prove him wrong. i work at a suuki shop and i highly doubt that its a bolt in affair. cuting and welding is a must for that one

·
Registered
325 Posts
yes! I want to know also! It lok slike a close match, but I dont know for sure.
CS you seem to know, then why the hell didn't your ass just answer the ? for the original post. It does not bolt right up. The sub frame will need to be modified for it to work you knob. I hate when people want to argue about something that they had a ? about. It seems to me you should be the one to prove something.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Well, for the record, I NEVER said it would just bole right on, I said it looked CLOSE to identical bolt points.....I dont mind minor fab work to make something work. I just dont see it being a big task. But then again, that swhy I asked if it could be done also....so far, no one has said they tried to do it and couldnt or could....this is what im looking for someone who might have tried it. I didnt mean to start anything with you guys.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It cna be done with modification to the sub frame. That is the answer to the original question. Now I guess the new question is"

Has anyone put an 04 Tail sectin on an 02 GSXR?????

·
Registered
400 Posts
well, I tried to find it and I guess its somewhere else. I'm sure I have the picture saved so I'll post back in a couple of days.

·
Registered
392 Posts
no, what you guys saw was my 02 1000 tail on my 97 600, my 97 looks like a 02 model now with the mods completed, i also have a 2001 1000, i will be working on putting the 04 tail and upper soon.

·
Registered
951 Posts
If you can weld aluminum you could make some brackets and likely fit the new tail on in a snap. You just need to weld a few tabs on so you can drill and tap them for the new mounting points.

Seat would be the hardest thing to fit proper bieng they mount different.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts