Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody live in a state that hassles you over a license plate light. I recently installed a hotbodies undertail on my 05 gsxr750. It looks great but no license plate light. I played with the original light and modifiying the undertail to make it work but I'm not sure exactly how I want to finish it off. Anybody run into a similiar situation? Any suggestions on how to add some light to the plate. I mounted the plate tucked down by the rear tire. Not the specified mounting location but it looks so sweet. Any suggestions would be great. $86 dollar tickets are bogus for not having a light on the plate.

·
Registered
481 Posts
there are bolts you can get that have LEDs in the bolt head they look real tight too i dont know what they are called tho, anyone know? or try google

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the info. I knew there was a better way to do this. That's why this site rules. Fati thanks for the link. I hope they come in soon. I can't take anymore tickets for something so stupid. Can anyone tell me why you have to pay court cost if you don't even go to court. Yeah I know it's some processing fee but what the "f". They don't already take enough money from us. Anyone riding rt.211 over the mountain in Luray. Watch out. They are on patrol up there big time. Set up some lookouts if you are going to hit it hard.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
I have my plate mounted on my swingarm. I have an LED light with the wiring ran through the swingarm to the plate. Just another idea for you...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts