Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i just got my hotbodies undertail for my 05 600 in the mail. I cant seem to get them damn plasitc rivets off. Even if i can fit my clumsy hands on the damn things, i have no idea how to unhook them. Anyone know of any hints for doing this?

·
Registered
949 Posts
If its the rivets I am thinking about push in the centers which will release the rivet, then pull the rivet out bro

·
Registered
401 Posts
take a small flat head screwdriver and use a point/corner to push the center in the slide it under the side and pop um out

but when i was puting on my hotbodies undertail getting the rivots out was my smallest problem

·
Registered
90 Posts
Exactly what lemurfart said...taking them off is the easy part. Having everything lined up to put the rivets back in was the pain in the ass.

·
Registered
49 Posts
if you are talking about the the plastic rivets holding the stock under tray in.... i just cut the head off of them and bought some new ones at NAPA that looked identical for like $2.50. For some reason those rivets (on the tail) were a pain in the arse, i thought i was going to crack the tail because i pulling so hard on them
, they were nothing like the ones that hold the fairings on. they werent the push through kind or the bigger ones that pop out.
other than that, installing the tail was simple, I dont have a hotbodies though. stealership sells rivets cheap too, i just bought some last week for the fairings

·
Registered
49 Posts
Fucking retards.......can't get a damn push rivet out yet they are on a 100+ hp bike
I got your fucking retard right here...
You KNOW the rivets on the tail arent push rivets, they werent meant to come out. I have had the fairings off the bike a bunch of times with out a problem with any damn rivets.

Unless of course you arent talking to me, then have a nice day!

·
Registered
819 Posts
Fucking retards.......can't get a damn push rivet out yet they are on a 100+ hp bike
I got your fucking retard right here...
You KNOW the rivets on the tail arent push rivets, they werent meant to come out. I have had the fairings off the bike a bunch of times with out a problem with any damn rivets.

Unless of course you arent talking to me, then have a nice day!
They are meant to come out....I've attached a image for your your review.....

http://www.ronayers.com/fiche/300_0363/f...490&parent=5450

Notice part #9 indicates CLIP. Same as a Push rivet, if you will...

·
Registered
49 Posts
09409-06314-5PK center pulls out, 09409-08308-5ES center pushes through then it pulls out

Two different clips.... the ones on the fairings are these two. Also, honestly, the clips that were in my undertray from the dealership were not similiar to either type of rivet on the front of the bike. The fairing rivets come out easliy, but I seriously fought the ones in the undertray until, I just decided to cut the heads off. It was an inexpensive end to my frustration and I didnt break anything trying to muscle them out. If you know some secret I dont just give the kid some advice and be done with it. (this was the purpose of my first post)

·
Registered
819 Posts
Didn't I do that already with my last post. Geez....if your were light bulb....only a slight light would be light, for example....you wouldn't even qualify as a night light.

Just Kidding.....it's Friday, just having some fun.

·
Banned
952 Posts
the ones on my tail section are the type that push in, and then the whole "rivet pulls out. a blind monkey with no hands could figure it out.

i worry about some of you. this shit isnt rocket science people.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Once I get the bunny ears on my shoe laces, do I wrap the one around the other? Maybe I shuld just get velcro shoes.
One step at a time big boy...you still need to decide between fries and -rings.

I ended up going with rings......ya know why? Every once in awhile you get a couple freebie fries. Ya know what I mean? Also, sometimes they taste like fish too.

·
Registered
401 Posts
ok since we are on the subject of hotbodies undertails

ive had mine on for a while and the gap between the seat cowl and the tail is like 1/4 of a inch bigger

anyone know how to fix that, im thinking it might have something to do with the turn signal wires but i doubt that

1 - 18 of 18 Posts