Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
look what happens when you forget to put something under the kickstand.........my zx-9 was on its sidestand for only 5 minutes......i was loading my gixxer in the back of my truck and turned just in time to see the ninja crash into the ground.......I know its a kawasaki and you guys could care less, but this is bad news for any biker!!

P.S. the gixxer got into the truck just fine by the way and ran a 7.0 at 105mph in the 8th less than an hour later

G

·
0 Posts
crap!!!! that sux bro!!!

i park my bike in front of my shop and have noticed that on the warmer days the side stand sinks into the tar.....i think ill put something underneath it from now on....

sorry bout the bad luck

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Dammmit I hate that...

There's a reason to a have a six-pack of beer when you go riding...when you put the kick stand down, shotgun a beer, crush the can and slide it under the foot of the stand...

just kidding...about the beer while riding.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Hey now, of course we care, gixxers are better than all other bikes, but we do care

On the tip over, that sucks
..sorry to hear about that...I've come back to my bike a few times to see the stand starting to sink..I always try to put something under it if possible...I hate it when that happens..good luck getting her fixed back up!

·
Registered
129 Posts
That reminds me about my experience. I got a brand new 89 Katana 750. My first real street bike. I drove it from the dealer to the house and parked it. A friend and I stood back about 15 ft to admire the new bike. Right before our eye's the kickstand sunk into the Hot Pavement and the bike fell over
Not even 15 miles on the odo and I had a smashed can, broken plastics and a snapped off lever.

I rode my 86 750 GSXR full time for a few years in the Arizona heat. The local bike shop sold a cure for the peg/ pavement problem. It was a piece of sheet metal that was curved. You slid it under the stand. When you where riding it fit in your back pocket and fit the curve of your ass.

CT

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
I think its a Ninja thing man , i had a 1990 zx-10 and it slid off the stand 3 times while i owned it.
Scraches up the fairing and just ticks ya off. yeah that sucks bro. but good job on the run with the gixxer.

·
YAAFM Mod
3,016 Posts
That sucks! Happend to my 88 last year but not from heat. I forgot to shut off my Pingle petcock and one of the floats on my Mikuni's did not seal well. About 1 ounce of fuel leaked out and ate through the asphalt...guess where? Thats right under the side stand! Mine only fell over about half way, until it hit the LNG meter. Put a 2in long dent in the tank and a crack in the 91 solo tail thet I had mounted on it.
Bones

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Originally posted by irocgixxer-z:
I think its a Ninja thing man , i had a 1990 zx-10 and it slid off the stand 3 times while i owned it.
Scraches up the fairing and just ticks ya off. yeah that sucks bro. but good job on the run with the gixxer.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yep happened to me with a GPZ900. I had it running and was cleaning my ZXR750 and walked in the house, and "thudd" over went the '9'.
So I got rid of them. I was lucky though as it didn't take any damage.

Andy

·
3,476 Posts
I just bought one of these from [email protected] Now all I have to do is to get myself to always use it

Pic is actual size.

[ 06-01-2002, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Ragnar ]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts