Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Just bought a 2009 GSX-R 600 today 24,000 km's.

Was riding it home and noticed it was getting what felt like abnormally hot around my left foot from what felt like around the engine area.
Is this normal or something I should be concerned about? Doesn't feel like your leg almost melting would be a normal thing...

Temp gauge was showing between 87 Degrees Celcius to low 100's Celsius - has me a little concerned if something is wrong?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea first time. No flashing FI light.

I just flushed the coolant and replaced with engine ice and it seems to be running significantly better - however I haven't rode it for more than 45 min so I can't be 100% sure its fixed it.

Going on a massive 3 day ride next week so I just thought I'd check - hopefully all goes well it runs smoothly...

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
Make sure you bleed the system so no air bubbles. That can be a hot and cold side as well but after that without any attention to the issue, fire hydrant coolant bust.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I made sure there were no air bubbles - rocked it from side to side with the cap off while running and undid the bleeder valve slightly to let any air out and retightened.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts