Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I'm having an idle issue with my 2005 GSXR – 1000…

In neutral at normal operating temperature idle goes up and down… Almost like it's traveling over hill and then down to the valley… Then up the hill again….

Further, When I'm in city traffic and come to a stoplight the bike is now stalling …Starts right up easily but intermittent stalling at low RPM or when you blip the throttle in neutral (idling issue)

Things I have checked:

No error codes are present F1 light is clear and Not illuminated
Fuel
Idle1200 RPMs hot idle… I am aware of the cold idle adjustment screw
New spark plugs
Checked all electrical connections (throttle body main wiring harness, etc)
My machine is not equipped with a power commander or any other type of fuel management system

I have thoroughly researched the forum but still have been unable to find my answers to my Puzzle.

Please feel free to chime in if you have had the same or similar problem

Thanks your time and consideration.

Yours truly,

F-18 driver

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,559 Posts
Is your clutch switch working OK?

Are the various hoses to the throttle valve and IAP sensor properly connected?

Have you checked the throttle position sensor adjustment as displayed on the cluster? See 4-20 in the service manual. Beware, the secondary throttle adjustment is nearby and it's easy to mistake the two. It's a mess if you adjust the wrong sensor.

You might consider synchronizing the throttle valves. But it's a hassle without the right tools.

Having said all that, problems of this sort are often associated with a flaky throttle position sensor.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello BillV:

When I get back from a business trip, will check the TPS……

Thanks again…

Best regards,

F-18 driver

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
Canon Carver
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing