Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
An Ariel Atom and a Corvette Z06 playing at the 'Ring. The driver in the Atom is wired into the track like a mofo!

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,745 Posts
Not bad at all, a BTG time of 8'28" in that sort of traffic! :biggrin
How do they calculate lap times when on those 'open' days, you're forced to cruise all up that massively long straight at the end of the nordschleiffe?

I'm used to 7:00 being 'fast' lap but that includes those final miles at insanely high maxed-out speeds up that long uphill straight.

I'd be thrilled to spend a full day learning that 'track' on my 1000 and to be able to pull-off a 9:00 lap.

That's on my bucket list, not like it'll ever happen :crying

·
Married his Fleshlight... And Also touches people
871 Posts
It's not the best track for bike on account of the amount of cars and the likelihood of oil on the road

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts
How do they calculate lap times when on those 'open' days, you're forced to cruise all up that massively long straight at the end of the nordschleiffe?

I'm used to 7:00 being 'fast' lap but that includes those final miles at insanely high maxed-out speeds up that long uphill straight.

I'd be thrilled to spend a full day learning that 'track' on my 1000 and to be able to pull-off a 9:00 lap.

Buy Forza 6 or 7 for the XBox one. You can learn the track and it's very realistic. I ran the Nurberg Ring and Green Hell at I think 9:36 in a Audi R8 race car. At about half way threw the race I was like holy shit I winning and haven't flown off the track yet. :banana

·
Registered
38 Posts

On public days the most common method used is the Bridge To Gantry (BTG) time. The bridge is the concrete one a few hundred metres past the cones that lead you onto the track (has the Bilstein commercial on it), in this video he passes it at1.41. The gantry is a metal structure over the long, final straight a few hundred meters after the last righthand corner (has the R8 Audi Sport commercial on it), he passes it at 10.09.

Been a few years since I was there, best I managed was a 9.40 in a 2005 RX-8 192.
Even though it's only 2,5hrs away for me I would never ride a bike around there in anger. Too much: idiots in cars/vans/busses, different surface types (of varying age and grip level), armco... And hardly any safe run-off area's. But it's epic in a car...

·
That’s Mister Chalet To You ....
7,745 Posts
On public days the most common method used is the Bridge To Gantry (BTG) time. The bridge is the concrete one a few hundred metres past the cones that lead you onto the track (has the Bilstein commercial on it), in this video he passes it at1.41. The gantry is a metal structure over the long, final straight a few hundred meters after the last righthand corner (has the R8 Audi Sport commercial on it), he passes it at 10.09.

Been a few years since I was there, best I managed was a 9.40 in a 2005 RX-8 192.
Even though it's only 2,5hrs away for me I would never ride a bike around there in anger. Too much: idiots in cars/vans/busses, different surface types (of varying age and grip level), armco... And hardly any safe run-off area's. But it's epic in a car...
Guten tag

I assumed the start / end were in different spots, that was pretty obvious. I'm just saying it's hard to compare lap times when the actual 'lap' isn't consistent.

Yeah you're probably right about it being too scary / dangerous on a bike. I think it would be awesome to cry like a girl in TERROR while Sabine Schmidt takes me for a hot lap in the ring taxi... if they still even do that?

What's up with the sidewalk chalk all over the course?
This is the nurburgring, the most infamously dangerous track on earth - that's not sidewalk art, those are chalk corpse outlines :lol

·
Both Handsome AND Pretty!
19,104 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,918 Posts

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,058 Posts
all i know is i drove a koenigsegg around this on forza 7 and holy shit i want one.

·
NYYYYYAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
2,058 Posts
1 - 13 of 13 Posts