Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering If anyone here has ever had any experience with the hot bodies undertail kit. I'm going to upgrade from my 04 Katana to a GXSR 600 or 750. I want an undertail exhaust though. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Arb

·
Registered
14 Posts
My roommate bought a Hotbodies undertail for his 05 R1. The fit is not all that great. They gave him an undertail for an 04 because they had not made the 05 yet, so that may explain some of the fit problems we had installing it. We had to fabricate a mount for the rear light. Once it was all installed, it didn't fit too well. There is a 1/8 inch gap almost all the way around the undertail. I had the same problem with the Hotbodies undertail I put on my 04 GSXR 1k. I didn't get the undertail pipes, just the undertail itself. Hotbodies just doesn't fit very well. And then there is the noise. I love a loud set of pipes as much as the next guy, but these pipes are EXTREMELY loud! So loud that after a twenty minute ride my ears were in pain and my head was throbbing. I was getting on it pretty good though. Definitely invest in some ear plugs along with your pipes. It sounds like I'm doing nothing but complaining, but honestly, If I were to buy an R1 today, I'd purchase the undertail pipes from Hotbodies tomorrow. In the case of the R1, they are aboslutely gorgeous. Whether they will make as much of a difference on the GSXR 600/750, I couldn't say. Just be prepared for the loudest pipes you've come across, and for the fit to be less than perfect.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.