Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at the Bike and when i tested the horn...... nothing. i serched here for anything on "Horn", and nothing that might help but one thing. Bobby, you added a aftermarket horn on your "Bling Bike". i was wanting to know two things. is there anyway that i can test my horn? put a positive and negitive power to it. and will that check it? and also, Bobby can you give alittle more info on your horn? i read that you said its loud. alot louder then the stock?and where do you pick on up?i checked the horn switch as much as i could and i dont know. i need to get a volt meter. or amp meter. yah. thanks

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Chris the horns always on the "hot" side meaning there's power on it,when you hit the horn button you are completing the circuit (Ground).Defintely get a multimeter,Radio Shack sells digital ones for around $20.00 I picked up some Fiamm Hiway blaster horns on e-bay but you really only need one. they are loud like an older car horn. There's a link that I used to examine for the wiriing on mine.
Fiamm horn install It's on a GPZ1100 but should give you an idea.
Bobbychet

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know this one is just a single one, but will it work? i checked my horn, and its crap, so i trashed it. i need one now. E-Bay horn

·
Unstable SuperMod
21,904 Posts
i know this one is just a single one, but will it work? i checked my horn, and its crap, so i trashed it. i need one now. E-Bay horn
Don't know if it will work, there are 2 different kinds of horns, ours, and ones that you apply power to when you want them to 'honk', and most of those the horn itself, or atleast the bracket can be the ground, so the problem would be that when you mounted it up, the horn would never stop.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok.

but anyone know if this one works?

thanks Knight.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
got it Knight. thanks

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you the man!

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Bobby, can i see some pics of your set up? i was out working on my Mustang, and found that i had two Fiamm's on it. i took them off and going to use them. what you think?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
Chris this is where I stuck my Fiamm horn between the head and the radiator,believe me you only need one. I used my existing horn wires and she works great!

Bobbychet

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
man thanks for the pics Bobby. i need to get her inspected before the end of this month. thanks.

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks Chet, any more bling? hit the NOS?

·
Registered
7,885 Posts
No NOS yet I need a longer delivery line and the remote valve. There's plenty of power without the NOS,probably another prayer request when I do.
Bobbychet

1 - 16 of 16 Posts