Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
15,031 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question: but it happened again today.
Some moron decided to converge into my lane so they could make a right handed turn. Well its a big SUV and im a little bike. Their lovely base and all other crap is bellowing out of there vehicle. Point is:

I'd love to have a freaken horn actually loud enough to get peoples attention. I couldn't speed up or slow down because of cars on either side. I've tried something like this in the past but it kept blowing fuses. Any input on something LOUD, not the dixie charge sound, and not going to cost an arm and a leg??

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Pull the clutch in and rev the piss out of it Gimp!
That should work! Just kidding seems like bugman had a louder horn on his website one time?

·
Registered
398 Posts
My friend who rides a 919, actually BOOTS cars. Especially after they try and run him over.

The only thing I could think of would be an airhorn type system. This only needs enough electricity to open a solenoid valve. The only problem bieng having to recharge or replace the air supply.

Or you could always get those things that scare away deers!

Good luck.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Those things that scare away dears are ultrasonic and human ears can't hear them though.... I'd imagine you could rig up a car horn, or similar horn that's louder. You said you had a problem w/blowing fuses, probably because it's pulling too much power. You'd need to use a relay system, and the 12v that usually powers the horn should turn on the relay.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
The factory horn is useless. I usually just use the exhaust to let them hear me ahead of time, and the finger after they cut me off. A loud air horn would be nice.

·
Registered
60 Posts
get hella air horns off off ebay and put the compressor on the leftside of the tail fairing and on the rightdie put the 2 horns shit is loud and it works 30 dollars plus you need to buy wire

·
Premium Member
26,775 Posts
Head over to your local BMW motorcycle dealer and pick up a horn from a current K bike. THe BMW horn is very loud and I'm sure ya could rig it up very easy.

nj

1 - 7 of 7 Posts