Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rectum Rupticus
9,925 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
One of my Brother in laws bought a Tesla S 100D with all the options at Thanksgiving time. He gave me a ride in it back then and when he stepped on the go pedal it just makes you laugh its that insane .

Well went back down for Christmas .... He let me drive it ! That fucking car is insane. I was diving at about 25mph and stomped on the go pedal and was doing 73mph in about 2.5 seconds. I've driven 911's & Corvettes in the late 70's up till this weekend they were the most expensive cars I've ever driven . The Tesla has taken the Crown For most expensive. My 750 accelerates fast but the Tesla with all wheel drive is just pure torque . :punk>:)

Attachments

Reactions: XCSEDAN

·
Super Moderator
15,066 Posts
I've driven one myself. A husband and wife couple I know have both the Model S and Model X. Cool cars for sure. Believe it or not though they seem to break quit a bit. Both their cars are always needing a tech to come out to sort out different bugs. :dunno Still gotta respect them.

·
Premium Member
2,082 Posts
They pack a whole heap of get up and move. I saw this video of them eating up a zx10. Granted the guy looks a little shy on the throttle, it got me curious enough to check the 0-60 times and they are quicker than a gsxr1000

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,988 Posts
The guy on the bike was as useful as tits on a bull but regardless, most riders (of average skill - IE little to none) don't stand a chance.

I've been smoked by fast cars and I don't suck anything like that guy. :lol

·
Premium Member
1,884 Posts
That bike is not a zx10, those gauges look like they are from a 07/08 zx6. Car is surely fast, but its not the 10 :cheers

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,951 Posts
Considering it does 0-60 in 2.28 seconds with a roll-out and 2.5 seconds from a dead stop, and it takes essentially no skill, it would not be all that hard to gap pretty much every liter bike from a dead stop. While the best rider could be working their ass off to try to match it, the Tesla would just nonchalantly, brutally accelerate. That's what makes them so ridiculous

·
Administrator
13,732 Posts
We get a few through the shop ... the fit and finish is average

·
Chubby Chaser
57,841 Posts
That guy on the bike couldn't have taken a Honda Civic doing what he was doing. What the hell was that? a roll-on in 6th gear? You're not gonna move shit on a 600 doing that.

Poked around Yutoobz a bit and most of the squids that have footage trying to race them don't seem to know how to launch their bikes, even from a roll they are in too high a gear and by the time they get the bike up onto the pipe the Tesla is already gone. And that's taking nothing away from those P90 and P100's, they are insane from an acceleration perspective.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
The Model S is a high [email protected] mph car. It 60 foot's like a beast because max torque/zero rpm...As impressive as that is,it's not a high 9sec/145mph+ which even an old liter bike is capable of(with a skilled rider).

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,946 Posts
Impressive as hell. Also near impossible to take a daytrip somewhere.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Definite sleeper status

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,951 Posts
The Model S is a high [email protected] mph car. It 60 foot's like a beast because max torque/zero rpm...As impressive as that is,it's not a high 9sec/145mph+ which even an old liter bike is capable of(with a skilled rider).
Yes, but it does 0-60 MPH (not 60 foots) in times that liter bikes might barely achieve with excellent riders. And it will do that on prepped and unprepped surfaces. Which is why it does so well in grudge races, even against 8 and 9 second cars. A liter bike will come around it, eventually, though.

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Yes, but it does 0-60 MPH (not 60 foots) in times that liter bikes might barely achieve with excellent riders. And it will do that on prepped and unprepped surfaces. Which is why it does so well in grudge races, even against 8 and 9 second cars. A liter bike will come around it, eventually, though.
Agreed. It'll outrun your typical squid on a literbike pretty easily from a dead stop.

·
That’s Mister Moderator To You ....
7,988 Posts
Since it's all torque / TC, the driver has f-all to do with it, beyond when to stomp the gas pedal.

I'm surprised there just isn't a "1/4 mile button". Throw-in a little camera that watches for light tree / traffic lights to turn green and remove reaction time from the equation too, why not.

All those guys spent mountains of money / time to build those cars, which simply do not launch well compared to an E-car. Not even close. I believe we're seeing the beginnings of a serious game-changer.

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,946 Posts
Kinda like the hybrid supercars. Stupid torque off the line, then the twin turbo screamer takes over.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts