Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Don't care if this is a repost...this is bad judgement call because the bike was still in the impact zone:

Ohh the humanity!!

And now look at the chaos that followed....

·
Registered
1,865 Posts

-------------------------------------------------------
Devilman
Posted: Nov 1 2004, 12:01 PM
Quote Post
Group: Members
Member No.: 215

everyone is alright my good friend Rick was the one driving the bike that crashed into both of the track workers.Scary stuff

·
Bearded Admin call him Grizzly
88,756 Posts
who the fuck did NOT red flag that!!!!????
That one corner worker is probably near death if not dead...

this happened at the track I race at (NHIS) the corner worker was just knocked out and didnt have really any injuries except a few bruises. the guy video taping the race is a member of GDC (Tapper) and a member of my race team

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Wow!!

·
Registered
55 Posts
holy shit!!!! I got goosebumps when teh workers got hit, even the racer managed to run back on the track to see if he was ok, that was incredible.......

how the hell could they not flag the race after the first accident? geez......

·
Registered
5,337 Posts
The corner workers should not of run out on a live track. It is better to let the racers avoid a stationary object ( while being pushed wide by corneroworkers ) than to avoid moving objects on the track. They should only go on course if NO ( and I mean NO ) bikes are near the corner and flags are waving like crazy.

But yes, that should of been a red flag the at the instant the bike caem to rest in the center of the race line.

·
Drama Queen that Loves Baby Battered covered Twat-
3,705 Posts
who the fuck did NOT red flag that!!!!????
That one corner worker is probably near death if not dead...

this happened at the track I race at (NHIS) the corner worker was just knocked out and didnt have really any injuries except a few bruises. the guy video taping the race is a member of GDC (Tapper) and a member of my race team
Quit making shit up just to feel important

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
dont understand how the guy didnt see what was right in front of him>?

I never raced but wasnt everyone else slowing down? couldnt he notice!

It's called object fixation.

Object fixation is the act of focusing on something to the extend that you will actually ride in to the object you are looking at. This is a phenomenon I learned about when I was riding motocross. Inevitably if you looked at the tree or rut in the course you would find yourself riding in to it. If you looked past the hazard, you would more than likely ride past it.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.