Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the guy I bought my bike from had said he cut the wiring that goes to the tehrmo switch so the electric fan woul dstay on ALL the time, however, it seemed a worthy cause at first, ,but now I realize it's dumb to cool off a bike that's already cool and you're tryin gto get it warm. I went to crimp the wires back together thats attached to the thing comin outta the radiator, , and g uess what, 228deg rolls around, no fan comin on, and the wires are crimped to the correct counterpart (Cause they have a white & red stripe) is there ANYTHING that I can do to test to see why it's not comin on?

·
Banned
16,404 Posts
hook the fan up to another 12 volt source..see if it come on!!!if it does not come on, replace the fan(should draw about 5 amps if you can check the draw)

the fan comes on at about 221*f, so make sure your at that temp at least..

to check the thermoswitch, you have to heat OIL to a temp. above 221*f..then run a ohm meter across the terminals to see if it closes..if it dosent..replace the switch..

good luck dOOd..

·
Registered
43 Posts
Don't take the thermal switch out, just get the bike above the required temp and test, draining the radiator would be a pain.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts