Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, I just wanted to shared a pic of my bike. I just installed my undertail cover and had to figure out how to put some new turn signals. Meanwhile, I wanted the tail to look unique and clean. After 2 days, I saw one of the post on license plate relocation. Thanks you the memeber for it. I brought a set of side markers from pepboys for $10, have a 3/8in piece of steel laying around. I use a vice-claim and bend the metal bar to the angle that would conforms to the rear of the bike. I took the black plastic backing from the lights and trace it to the metal and drilled my holes for the lights. I drilled to center holes for the mounting position. I painted using engine paint to much the aluminum of the bike. One the license plate however, I cut a piece of aluminum sheet to the side of the tag, drilled the mounting holes. I cut a small piece and bent it in an L shape a riveted it to the back. I mounted on the exhaust bolt. Finally, sorry this lenghtly post, but like myself when viewing a post, some of the ideas on the post doesn't seems to have enough directions on how to do things.
[image]
[/image] [image]
[/image] [image]
[/image]

·
Registered
391 Posts
I COULD NOT GET A PIC OF YOUR BIKE ON MY COMPUTER SO I CANNOT COMMENT ON IT
BUT I JUST WANTED TO SAY I CAN'T STAND WHEN PEOPLE CUT PART OF THE ORIGINAL
BLINKER/FENDER PIECE OFF IT LOOKS HORRIBLE SAVE UP BUY AN UNDER TAIL AND A NICE PLATE HOLDER COME CORRECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
5,515 Posts
Can't see all the pics, but bike looks good.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Sounds like he installed an undertail, but it did not come with signal/plate mounts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i dont understand why you would need to put other turn sugnals on the rear of the bike when the new 1000 comes with turn signals IN the tail section. ?? or am i misunderstanding something that you did ? ,,,,,,,, but then again i can only see one of the pictures that you posted , the other two dont show up

·
Chubby Chaser
57,844 Posts
Am I missing something here?

That yellow K5 is not your bike.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts