Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Road crew left the base of their reflective sign in the middle of the left lane, and I hit it
In addition, highway street lamps were out, and it was around a bend. So I had no way of seeing the black base, let alone a chance of avoiding it.

Font wheel is visually bent and front tire is flat.
Not sure about the rear condition yet.
Even worse, I just installed a brand new set of the Road 6 tires that Michelin just released.

Any advice or suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
How come this thread doesn't show up when I hit the "new" post icon on the top right?

It's weird I can't find any 2017+ Gixxer 1k forged wheels, but I see them for 2016s.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,411 Posts
"Any advice or suggestions?"
Did you take pics? The county/state/etc. ought to be liable for that. Let them buy you a new wheel & tire.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Heads-up @22c8zo6
All WTB and FS activity must be posted only in classifieds. I cleaned-up this post but please keep that in mind in the future.
Why would you remove the fact that .... insert deleted forum policy violation (for the second time) here....
IT'S ONLY ONE SMALL PART OF MY THREAD.

I'm biting my tongue because you happen to have all the power on this forum,
and you obviously love to flex it for everyone to see.
Unbelievable !!!!!!!

Nose Cheek Skin Head Chin

·
Likes to race old junk.
2,845 Posts
Read the site rules...no buying or selling outside the Classifieds.
You aren't being singled out...it applies to everyone.
If you don't like it, go elsewhere.

It's unfortunate that you ran over the sign base, but do you really think an aftermarket rim is going to fare any better?

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
10,411 Posts
+1 on aftermarket not being any stronger. If anything, lighter equals weaker. Years ago spl170db bent a Marchesini on a pot hole. Find a steel wheel if you want stronger.

·
That’s Mister Chalet to you ....
8,846 Posts
Whaaaaaaaa! Whaaaaaaa! Why are you being such a big meanie? It's so unfair!
Jeeze-us, are you actually being serious?
If you react so strongly and negatively to a very polite heads-up about forum policy (which you violated), I'd hate to see how you react if a waitress brings you your lunch with ONE ketchup packet instead of the two you CLEARLY asked for lmao.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts