Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit by a drunk driver.. need a front end,have some ?\'s HELP!

Last night I was pulling out of a parking lot waiting to enter the road at a dead stop until I saw a duelly truck aimed right at me swerving off the street...i jumped off right in time and the bike took a beating to the front end and the fucker kept going.My forks are bent,my rotors are fucked,clipons were snapped off and every mount on my headlight was broken off from the fairing stay,including the fairing stay bracket itself.Soo,I have to buy a new front end now and I was wondering what my options are.What other years will fit on my bike?It is a 1992 GSX-R 600W.And where can I find some windsheilds too?If anyone has these parts in the list below that they would like to sell please contact me.I am looking for...

Complete front end compatible with my bike including brakes
Front rotors
Headlight assembly
Fairing stay bracket(NOT the big square peice the headlights mount to)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Re: Hit by a drunk driver.. need a front end,have some ?\'s HELP!

good luck on the headlight, i've been searching for a few weeks. which bracket were you looking for? the one that mounts to the mirrors? i have a clear windscreen with a crack from a drop that you can have. let me know. chris

·
Registered
1,892 Posts

man that sucks that he tookl out your bike, but good thing you got off it. could have been worse. yah tell us that you got the plate. man good thing you got off.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

No i didnt get his plate it was a hit and run..can anyone help me out here?what forks are compatible with my bike?Anyone have a set for sale?

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts

Did you get a police report? I bet your uninsured motorist would cover the damage! I was hit last year (in a SUV) by a van full of possible illegal aliens about an hour from my house. They turned left right in front of me! It was actually the "classic" car versus motorcycle accident, but thank God I was in a car!! After the airbag smoke cleared I saw a destroyed Caravan and this is no bullshit, the bottoms of the white sneakers the driver and passenger were wearing running away! Never did catch the bastards! One of the passengers in the van was a very pregnant woman that almost died. They had to airlift her to a trama center. Never did hear what the outcome was. But the insurance co. fixed the car through uninsured motorist coverage. They didn't use the collision part. FYI

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

So forks from any GSXR up to 01' will fit on my 92 600W?Can someone confirm this before I go out and buy a new front end.

·
Premium Member
7,715 Posts

Yes - the forks will fit, but your going to need the 01 front wheel and all to go along with it. And most likely the rotors and brake calipers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.