Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some help! i got ran off the road on the weekend by some dumbass who cant see. Good thing my bike wasnt rideable, or id be in jail. For assault or murder! Anyways the bad news, my bike looks like shit!! the right side anyways. All the plastics are fucked
. Some of the fins on the engine broke and some are just ground down pretty good. Theres a hole too, leakin oil, its in the signal generator cover i beleive its called. The hole is only like 1/16 wide and like 1/8 wide. I'm no expert so i need some help. Should i change the oil in case any tiny fragments went inside (while i was slidin across the cement) I dont wanna mess anything up. Should i jus get a new case cover and ill be fine? Any help will be greatly appreciated, thanx guys

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Make sure there are no cracks in the block or head where those broken fins are. That would be very bad to have a cracked motor. As for the oil, YES drain it if there is a hole exposing those precious moving parts to the outside world. APE has a replacement cover for that right side signal generator. I costs $$ but is heavy duty for people that slide the bike like you have. Part # is 4513-302 $54us call 800-824-1825 or 818-842-4952

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
Make sure there are no cracks in the block or head where those broken fins are. That would be very bad to have a cracked motor. As for the oil, YES drain it if there is a hole exposing those precious moving parts to the outside world. APE has a replacement cover for that right side signal generator. I costs $$ but is heavy duty for people that slide the bike like you have. Part # is 4513-302 $54us call 800-824-1825 or 818-842-4952
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nothing more from me,. Simon has it covered here

I just thought that I should agree to strengthen the points raised
Andy

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It happened right by 152nd and No 10 in surrey. Well thanx guys ill make sure to check, im really hopin theres no cracks!! I was told to clean the hold an jus JB weld it. Think ill try that, it will be cheaper than buyin a new one.

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Let me check if I have a "used" OE cover for you. I might have it in the garage. If I do it can be yours for $10 plus shipping. Unless you can wait til after the 2nd of July, I'll be in Seattle and could drop it off in person.

If it is where I think it is.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts