Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Lang Hindle is such a nice guy and he is a class act. Why?

He knows proper Customer Service.

I had called back in December to see if I could resolve a "proximity issue" the Hindle exhaust on my gixxer was having with the axle nut and stand spool. When my fat ass would hit a bump hard enough to fully compress the WP shock, the nut was denting the side of the exhaust can. I only wondered if a new elbow with more rise/length would reposition the can away from the swingarm.

Lang told me to send him the elbow and the can and he'd repair it "under warranty" and do what he could to make a new elbow.

Today I spoke with him because it's being Fedex'd back. The can has been repacked, resleeved and polished...sounds to me like he just gave me a new can. The elbow was not able to be reformed or replaced(engineering issues) but he's tossed in a new clamp and mounting bracket/spacers/hardware to reposition it out of harm's way.

ALL AT NO CHARGE!

Did I mention that I'm not the original purchaser of the exhaust? It was on the gixxer when I bought it.

Hindle just made my Christmas card list.

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Ditto...

I bought a Hindle used from eBay and besides the performance (re-jetting was completely an optional thing) it looks awesome, sounds good, and on mine (I got the high-mount because I don't carry passengers anyway) the fit was good on the can-end. (I did have to make spacers for the oil-cooler to clear the header). But the coolest part is that I wrote email just to tell them how happy I was and to ask for some stickers and stuff, and here's the reply I got:
------------------------------
We would be happy to send you some stickers? Patches? Maybe a hat? Please forward us your shipping address.

Lee Hindle
------------------------------
They don't have many distributors in the U.S. but it's really cool that they are sooo good to people who use their pipes (original purchaser or not)... and the pipe itself was pretty awesome too!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Thats why I am going to get a new exhaust from them. Do you have a contact number for them? I have a couple of questions for them and I can't find their number on the website.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
sounds like a decent bloke who will do nothing but get bigeer etc.
it's nice to hear of decent people as there are so many that simply want to rip us off.

Andy

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
sounds like a decent bloke who will do nothing but get bigeer etc.
it's nice to hear of decent people as there are so many that simply want to rip us off.

Andy

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Yep, I am sold definetly going with the Hindle, Simon pass me the number to, I want to see if I can get a "custom" high mount

-Karl

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Yours is where I'd like mine...but I fear it'll be lower...here's where it sits.

VS yours

Originally posted by FastCat:
Custom high-mount??? I can't imagine having it any higher than the standard high-mount... yeah, that's the "long" can too.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Simon, Mine is just the plain `ole "high exit" midpipe, it comes that way from Hindle... you *will* lose your passenger footpeg bracket, I had to attach my can to the bracket that used to hold the red reflector (with a little bending and "encouraging"
I know that they are different year bikes, but shouldn't one be as high as the other as long as it's the "high mount" mid-pipe from Hindle?

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by Simon Orttan:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FastCat:
Simon, you *will* lose your passenger footpeg bracket
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">FastCat...Does that mean I have to get a seat and pegs BEFORE I can lose them

It's always been a solo bike.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">D'OH!

talk about target fixation...

I was so busy looking at the can location that I didn't notice that LTD bodywork!

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
FastCats high level does look good, I must admit.

Had to laugh at the "it's already a solo bike' bit though, sorry

Andy

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Well as for a custom high mount, I have TL1000R solo race tail I was wanting it up swept like the TLR or RC-51 exhaust.
-Karl

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.