Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I use some chrome spacers and stainless fasteners to attach my Hindle can to the rear footpeg. I needed the space to clear the swing arm. I think it will work - any obvious problem that I'm overlooking with this set up. (The bolt doesn't look straight in the pic, but it is
)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,480 Posts
yeah, very nice. so, is that hindle for the 86-88 1100's or for the bandit 1200's? do you know if your lowers will fit?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, the system is for '86 -'88 1100. I've got to say that it is a really nice piece. Goes together perfectly. I got it at www.streetandcomp.com and it cost 600+, I don't remember the exact cost. I did get the least expensive can.

Marko, I haven;t fitted the lowers yet but I'd be surprised if there was a problem. The pipe conforms to the bike better than the stock system.

·
Premium Member
338 Posts
That looks like how I've got mine attached, except I'm using one larger spacer rather than two. Works well. I wonder if using the smaller spacer as you're doing might lead to the pot not sitting tight enough. Did you get the new Hindle silencing system, btw? I'm considering adding it to mine.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Looks great.......I'm trying to decide if im gonna do that pipe or a V+H SuperSport for my 1255cc.........

I need a 4-1 which i assume that is right?

Just dunno if i want to spend 625.00........

Does look sweet!

·
Panty Buncher
181 Posts
Manito,

Can you take a close-up picture of where the headers mount to the engine block? I'd like to see how Hindle attaches the headers.

Thanks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Room in the garage - A temporary situation only

It is a 4-2-1 system. It is pricey, but after wrestling with a V&H system it might be worth it. It just fit's so nicely that taking it off and on in the future will be much easier.

Burn our pics to come!!!!

I have a picture of the connection - but can't post it right now - send me a PM and I'll email it to you or post it here when I can.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Think i'm gonna do the V+H SS and fab up my own custom mid pipe out of SS, then get a used Ti can from a 1K. Make my own high mount setup.......

Will do a buildup of that....My buddy had the V+H SS on his 1371cc and made great power....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts