Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have kerker k-45 slip ons rite now on my 92 1100. It sounds great but not much performance. But I keep hearing and reading good stuff about this stainless steel hindle exhaust. As anyone installed one on thier bike. If so hows the clearance from the oil cooler and oil lines. Also how's the clearance of the top of the muffler to the bottom of the motor. Is it a loud exhaust.

[ 06-25-2002, 09:01 PM: Message edited by: Dontilgon ]

·
Registered
178 Posts
i love my hindle. you 92 is just like my 91. i had no problems installing this pipe. the fit and finish is second to none. the pipe makes a good, quality sound. buy one, you will like it!

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Reduce your sig image under 175 pixles high before Hunter gets you.

I'll post images to answer your questions later this afternoon.

[ 06-26-2002, 11:18 AM: Message edited by: Simon Orttan ]

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Call Hindle at 905-985-6111 if you have any questions but I think you'll be fine. I have an 1100 pipe on my 750 but I don't know how much taller your 1100 block is. Can't be a lot.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great oil lines Where can I get a set for mine. I sure would feel alot safer doing 150 with does on instead of the rubber stock one that I melted once. How much should I pay for a hindle exhaust system. And does anyone recommend were to buy it from

·
Registered
461 Posts
any exhaust will require a bit of "fitting" when being installed.
the hindle only needed to be bent down about half an inch near the oil pan the rest just slipped in place.

I will never buy any other exhaust. period.(just like I will never buy a Kawasaki;))
a 15 year old hindle can:

and I know about the oil Simon.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Fastcat fitted one onto an 1100K and had issues around the cooler clearances but the block is shorter I think.............

Andy

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
It's a close fit underneath on mine, but it doesn't touch anything down there and I didn't have to bend it - just hadda be careful assembling the header tubes into the 2-1 collector... yeah, the oil-cooler hit the header; I had to move the bottom cooler-mounts forward about an inch. I *think* that's only an issue for the curved oil-coolers though. The clearance on the swingarm is a close thing too, but it doesn't touch there either, just *very* tight clearance.

One other thing:
If you get the "High Mount" system, do NOT try to get creative and use the rear refelctor bracket to mount the can like I did... it will break. I ended up getting rid of that steel sub-subframe and using 3/4" aluminum flatbar to fab up a mount from the can to the aluminum subframe (where the passenger footpeg used to mount). You will also have to make a bracket for the seat-lock on the left side, or else leave the passenger footpeg bracket on the left side. Nothing complicated, just takes patience... a coupla feet of aluminum flatbar, a drill, a dremel tool, and a hacksaw are also helpful to have on-hand.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Dontilgon:
How did u bend it to clear the pan.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Stuck the handle of a metal hammer in the collector, while it was mounted on the bike, and pushed down on it with my foot.
worked like a charm.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts