Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Most recent track day at ACC north. Riding intermediate. Little did I know it would be my last day in inters :yumyum

FF to 10:08 for the funsies

Here's the short version
gvN6paRotVs&list=PLLQamWO4wz_BbNb_LGGJV7imwyD9g6tjy

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
power pures front/rear. They were put on about april last year.. Some 6 or 7 track days on them and quite a few thousand street miles.

I knew that rear was toasted, especially the right side since my last track weekend at Putnam park, but I wanted to get 1 more day out of it. I almost paid big time for that :lol

·
Registered
131 Posts
Damn 7 TD's + street is a lot!

I get take offs from a racer buddy of mine and use those for a weekend. He gives um to me for $100. Still a great save :lol: bet that made your butthole pucker haha.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ha, my butthole puckered and my whole brain just shit. A thousand thoughts went through my head the moment I noticed the rear starting to slide. And then I watch the video and see that the whole thing look less than 5 seconds.

Crazy how the brain works.

I need a friend like yours. You get $100 for the set?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Yup. Hundo for a set Bridgestone R10's. (190 rear) Very very sticky if warmed properly. Def recommend them for any track addict. Never given me a scary moment.

My buddy does 3 6-10 lap races per weekend then sells them to me.

·
Dick/Vagina Embracer
2,945 Posts
Nice save :thumbup If that was me, I'd be face down eating dirt.

·
Dick/Vagina Embracer
2,945 Posts
Hell yeah man, I'm sure I'll see you around next season :thumbup Maybe we'll both have our ladies so they're not so bored sitting in the pits. :lol

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
That will be good to see you on the track, Chuck!

You got a trailer and a way to pull it?
A way to pull it, yes. Trailer.... next purchase after the track wardrobe for the bike. She's all prepped now except for bodywork. I figure I can rent a trailer pretty cheap until I buy one. Towing capacity on my Equinox isn't all that great, but it'll pull a trailer and a couple bikes without too much issue. Just have to keep an eye on the transmission temps in the hills.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Yeah I think you can get a uhaul trailer for $25/day or something. I did it that way quite a few times, but thankfully I came across a 3-rail motorcycle trailer that needed a little fixin' up this year and have been using that.

·
13,422 Posts
There's a place in Frankfort that has really nice 5x8 utility trailers for $625. TC-Trailers.com. Dual tongue, folding ramp, powder coated, shackled leaf springs, and 15" rubber. They beat the snot out of the $900 mass production trailers at the box stores.

·
13,422 Posts
I've shopped around quite a bit. Just didn't like the single tongue trailers at the box stores. Found TC Trailers in the trader paper.

·
Registered
388 Posts
Out of the seat and feet off the 'pegs? Big one!

I'm pretty sure the only reason i didn't go down was because I was too ignorant to let off the throttle :lol
One of the few times that being ignorant can save your ass!

I don't mind the Power Pure's for track use... I went from them onto a set of Bridgestone 003's I that had been sitting around my place for a while - big difference. Still, that's not to say that the Pure's are a bad tyre - just that their limits are lower, and likely much closer to the average riders ability. I'd say it's a good thing that they slide around a bit (the rear on corner exit that is, never had a problem with the front) because it lets you get a feel for the slide without riding so fast that you're going beyond your ability.

If you can't find the limit on a street tyre, how can you do it on higher performing sports/track tyre?

I'm a firm believer that anyone who rides should start off on a tyre like the Pure's instead of going straight to a full-on sports/track tyre.

·
Registered
19 Posts
mmmm, Power Pure's..

I rode them once on track because it wasn't dry enough for slicks: never again!
One time on PP's and also an almost-high-sider, they just got to hot.
Those street tires just are not made for serious track use imo...

·
Premium Member
9,717 Posts
I'm a firm believer that anyone who rides should start off on a tyre like the Pure's instead of going straight to a full-on sports/track tyre.
Simon Crafar would dis agree............just saying :dunno

1 - 20 of 30 Posts