Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Instead of searching like a madman....Does any company make a setup for this bike. Or just for the newer gixxers.........

Also whats the Absolute best setup for this year motor.......Being loud isnt a concern for me....Louder is better to my ears!

The bike has a D+D now.......

4 into 1,
or
4 into 2 into 1.......Fire away!

·
Registered
461 Posts
talk to fastcat.
she has a hindle high pipe.

BTW, hindle seems to be the pipe of dreams here at gixxer.com

·
Registered
243 Posts
Dude,

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY does a highmount for the 89-92 1100 any more.
I've searched high and low.

FastCat
got hers from eBay. I've asked her to keep her eyes out for any more, and I'm looking myself. If you find anyone that produces a highmount, let me know.

Happy huntin' dude.

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
visit your local exhaust shop...they can bend and mod pipe anyway you want....brackets are easy to make....I made my own out of aluminum.....

·
Banned
3,509 Posts
Hindle got its reputation here (in my opinion) as a great system because Lang Hindle himself answers questions about his product and helps riders as much as he can.

Without rehashing my dealings with him this winter I'll give you the basics.

Below you will see pictures of my bike in a before/after format. The ONLY change to the exhaust is the bracket/hanger where the can mounts. LAnge sent me a piece of aluminum plate I measured & cut (or was it cut & measured?) to allow my can more room away from my swingarm. Lang told me his systems (I would infer that other systems as well) are able to be rotated & manipulated in such a way that the can can pe put in a variety of positions. My exhaust is evidence of this.

He did mention to me that the newer system has more of a "high mount" elbow that works its way around the foot peg bracket. He seemed to think that elbow wouldn't work with my '86 because of where my footpeg is compared to the '89's footpegs. In the end everything worked out for me.

www.hindle.com 905-985-6111

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by EarL:
Dude,

Nobody, and I mean NOBODY does a highmount for the 89-92 1100 any more.
I've searched high and low.

FastCat
got hers from eBay. I've asked her to keep her eyes out for any more, and I'm looking myself. If you find anyone that produces a highmount, let me know.

Happy huntin' dude.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I did get mine from eBay, but I also exchanged email and asked if Hindle still makes pipes for the old a/o 1100 motors. Here is the answer I got:
-------------------------------------------
Jacki,

Yes we make a stainless steel system for the 1985-2002 Suzuki GSXR750 and the 1986-1998 Suzuki GSXR1100.

Lee Hindle
-------------------------------------------
I don't *think* that the same system fits all those years, but I *do* believe that the system I got was meant to fit 750's as well as 1100's as everything fit *very* closely. I had to move the bottom of my oil-cooler out about 1" and I also had to remove the passenger footpeg bracket and fab a mount for the can.

·
Registered
461 Posts
the pipes for the different gnerations are different. they have different part number at least, and since the cylinder spacing is different on all the models and the motor heights are different, they should be different models.

BTW, Simon, I like the low old school look better.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok thanks for the replies........Well since i'm a welder/Fabricator, I'm probably just gonna order the pieces that should work and make my own brackets....

I know these are easy items to make, i just wanted to see if there was a bolt-on system.

When i get done, i will post pics....

Looks like its gonna be a Hindle.

Oh yea.........the full system, or just the slipon?

[ 08-13-2002, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: z1bigtom ]

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Originally posted by karl_1052:

BTW, Simon, I like the low old school look better.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No way, I love the way the pipe kicks up after it clears the peg. I don't like the ones they have for some of the 2k gixxers where the pipe bends upward at the peg and then another bend rearward along the tail. Like the one on this bike.It's a nice bike, but I love the way the pipe exits on Simons better

·
Registered
3,895 Posts
Originally posted by 95Yosh750:

No way, I love the way the pipe kicks up after it clears the peg. I don't like the ones they have for some of the 2k gixxers where the pipe bends upward at the peg and then another bend rearward along the tail. Like the one on this bike.It's a nice bike, but I love the way the pipe exits on Simons better

[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Or like this:

?

·
Premium Member
553 Posts
Originally posted by FastCat:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by 95Yosh750:

No way, I love the way the pipe kicks up after it clears the peg. I don't like the ones they have for some of the 2k gixxers where the pipe bends upward at the peg and then another bend rearward along the tail. Like the one on this bike.It's a nice bike, but I love the way the pipe exits on Simons better

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Or like this:

[/QB]</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No, I actually dig the way yours looks! It does have the two bends, but they are not near as drastic or noticable like they are on the new bikes. Plus your body work has a different angle to it that compliments the system.
Just my 2 cents though

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bones........Cool site.......If i need special one-off items i usally order from McMaster-car......I will check these guys out.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts