Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, so basically. My 2007 gxsr600 is high in the rpm while in neutral. So I turn the bike on and rpms are around 3000-4000. But when I pull the throttle grips backwards it goes back to normal. Rpm of around 1400. While the bike is in gear. It has no problem. It’s just while it’s in neutral. Any thoughts or advice on the situation would be great

p.s. Also while the bike is in the neutral the green light no longer comes on

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,670 Posts
Sounds like a couple different issues. When you say you pull the throttle grip backwards it goes back to normal, what do you mean?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Meaning while in neutral. If I pull the throttle grip forward(up) the rpms go back to around 1400. Whereas if I let go of the throttle the rpms shoot up and the bike begins to rev

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No it’s snaps back to “a”closed position. But I’m neutral that closed position is reving the bike up

·
Registered
153 Posts
Get a service manual, and follow the instructions to adjust the throttle cables. Should be 2 of them, one to open, and one actually will close the throttle if the springback mechansim is sticking, etc.
If you are able to turn it closed farther with force, something is not adjusted correctly?

Try it and get back to us with those results?

Your avatar? Assuming that's your kid- Cute kid!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts