Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve not long had my bike and just fitted a rectifier relocation bracket. While the airbox was off I thought I’d check the high idle as it starts at normal no high idle.
The cam and butterfly’s move fine but the arm is very stiff so not activating.
I tried working it a little bit with gt85 but hasn’t done much and didn’t want to carry on without checking on here that I’m not going to damage anything

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
As I understand it, that arm (or lever as Suzuki calls it) should pivot freely on the shaft that it's mounted on. It should be easy to remove and check, but pay attention to how the torsion spring is mounted. There's a roller on the end of the lever that follows the cam on the end of the secondary shaft. I think that it should also rotate freely.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi mate the roller is free it’s just the arm itself. I’ll have a look tomorrow and see if I can remove the arm without pulling the carbs off as I don’t fancy that just yet

·
Hand-Eye Coordinator
6,529 Posts
I'm not too familiar with GT85... can you be more specific about that product? I put it in the magic google machine and got a number of different returns.

Can you post pics of the lever?

Mileage? Maintenance history?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not too familiar with GT85... can you be more specific about that product? I put it in the magic google machine and got a number of different returns.

Can you post pics of the lever?

Mileage? Maintenance history?
Hi mate this is gt85.
https://gt85.co.uk/gt85-original/
I’ll upload a picture you can see the lever is stuck away from the cam and if you move it into position once pushed back doesn’t return to the same place.
10k miles and a bit unsure on maintenance as I’ve just bought the bike.

Attachments

·
Dreaming of buttsecks for years...
13,422 Posts
Doubtful. It can be removed, and I think there's only 2 screws holding the entire thing to the TB. But even to get at those screws you'd have to remove the throttle body.

·
You should listen to me. No, seriously, listen to
7,716 Posts
Pics like this suggest that things will be very tight:
https://banks-nearme.com/chase-near-me

However you ought to be able to remove the E-clip & washer and work the arm back and forth while applying some penetrating oil. That might be enough. Note that dropped small parts may never be seen again.

I think TheGeek is referring to a plate that includes the pivot for the arm and attaches to the TB by two screws. It might be possible to remove the plate and arm. But the plate also mounts the throttle cables so removing it will definitely complicate things.

P.S. Get a service manual if you don't have one.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cheers lads I’ve got the service manual and already found it useful for a lot of stuff unfortunately it doesn’t show much about the fast idle apart from adjustment.
I’ve looked on Fowlers and it seems the lever slides off once that e clip and washer are removed. I’m tempted to order a washer and clip just incase they get dropped then try and slide it off. Clean and grease to see if that works

1 - 12 of 12 Posts