Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HID\'s in stock 01 housing...possible?

i was thinkin about getting a single HId bulb/ballast for my 01' 750. i would put it in the high beam so i can not use it during the day and flip it on at night. question is, can the stock wiring and housing handle the amperage increase? it won't melt anything would it...

any other suggestions...

i will be buying a kit for BlingLights off a vette forum. he is a vendor, so he is cuttin me a good price. 285 for a pair, or 175 for one. i would really rather buy a pair and split it with someone here, or someone local to me (MN, twin cities)...

please post/pm/ email me with questions...

thanks for the help!
Aj

·
Registered
29 Posts
Re: HID\'s in stock 01 housing...possible?

hid retro kits will not burn harnesses. Acually Hid's run at 20 watts lower than stock. YOu should not have to worry about anything melting.

·
Registered
333 Posts

I have two different HID bulbs in my '04 600, and I haven't had any problems with them whatsoever. They've been on the bike for over a year and over 10,000 miles with no ill effects.

·
Registered
29 Posts

hid's run cooler than normal halogen bulbs....awd4g do you have any pics i wuld like to see what this looks like. I am going to be doing a hi/lo bi-xeonon kit this summer from a acura tsx.

·
Premium Member
687 Posts

do you guys know where i can get the hids for a 03 1000 ???? I just wanna get them from a store and bolt right in i really dont want to do any kind of conversion to them or bike....

chris

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.