Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hows the glare for oncoming drivers?

I couldnt find a picture of the cutoff anywhere here. Hopefully someone can post one up.

Despite your obvious recommendations to retro a projector, I dont have the money right now, and im just interested to see how wellt he stock reflector handles HIDs.

·
Registered
8,714 Posts
For the 2001 GSX-R, the stock reflector handles HID's like shit. Light splayed all over the place, blinding oncoming drivers. It is bright, but not controlled.

·
Premium Member
341 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For the 2001 GSX-R, the stock reflector handles HID's like shit. Light splayed all over the place, blinding oncoming drivers. It is bright, but not controlled.
well shit... just bought some... shouldnt have trouble selling them if they end up being hazardous to others...

·
Registered
15 Posts
The light pattern looks very similar to stock to me, just much much brighter. As long as you keep it aimed correctly you shouldn't have any problem blinding another driver.

·
Banned
213 Posts
i have hids in mine and i love them

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Ive had hids in my 02 for 3-4 years never any issues with blinding oncoming drivers.(like getting flashed alot) Now i just went to some different ones( blue 10ks) and still no problem......As long as those two little guys in there welding, are behind their reflectors youll be fine Mr. Kris.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts