Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HID RETRO FIT 03\' 750

ANYONE EVER DONE ONE OF THESE BEFORE. THINKING OF BUYING A KIT FROM A CAYANNE (PORSCHE SUV) FOR ABOUT 185. IS THIS A GOOD PRICE, AND HOW HARD IS IT TO DO

·
Registered
179 Posts
Re: HID RETRO FIT 03\' 750

hid .. you mean headlights? no good..i had em in my bike.. and everytime i would wheelie and land it woudl shut off.. i broke like 3 ballasts until i could not afford it anymore.. i took em out.. i got some pis hid bulbs..as long as they piaa brand you will get the best look..

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

whew. . .good look. . .didn't even think about that. . . even tho I can't wheelie just yet, good point I would of never thought of.

·
Registered
304 Posts

i put piaa bulb in my 03 and i wheelie alot one of my bulbs already burnt out. Iduno if its from the wheelies or if it was just time for it to burn out. I only had the bulbs like 4months.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I ran into some new bikes in my neighborhood last night. . . and one of them has HID's on his GSXR. .. .what he did was but the ballast in the back . . . .and that resolves the wheelie problem.

·
Registered
213 Posts

Wait, so your saying "jerking/jarring" the ballast assembly caused the lights to burn out, or just shut off momentairly? How hard are you dropping your bike down? Did you retrofit a set of projectors into your bike? Or did you just put the bulbs in the stock housing? What brand of ballasts and bulbs were you using? The reason i ask so many questions is because i have never heard of this happening to anyone, and i have agutally been talking to "budlightinmyhand" and he has put a set of Hi/Low 10000k bulbs in his 03 600 (not a retrofit) and hasn't had suck problems. Oh yeah, he got the kit from HIDynamic.com for like $270 to his door.

Just my .02 but i really don't see the problem being the ballasts but probably the actual bulb itself...

·
Registered
179 Posts

any movment of your hid bulbs can bust em.. i broke many bulbs just going over bumps.. im tellin ya its a waste of money.. and then they would shut off than turn on.. as the gas on the bulb moved around.. im done with hids.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yea, I should note that the guy that had his ballast in the back, also purchased the direct kit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts