Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got these projectors I'm fitting ....

They come ready to go etc but I've got a HID kit to fit to them.

I took one apart for a look and it has this shield in it....

I'm assuming this is what makes it a "low beam" projector ?

Then I'm wondering shouldn't it be on the top of the light ?

Also in the pic with the red arrow's I'm assuming this bung is where I could fit a parking light ?

Thanks in advance :punk

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Its a reflector, and it works in the lower position. Bung is as deduced, for a position light. Good luck, G.

Oh, and don't ever try to polish the insides of the projector bodies, unless the chrome can handle it. Disaster if its not.

·
Registered
12,388 Posts
Stocky said:
So if I pulled the shield out of one it would make it a Hi beam ?

It would probably make you get hit head on by a blinded oncoming driver.

Why do people fuck around with safety items like the people who build them don't know what they are doing? I totally don't geti t.

·
Registered
41 Posts
To achieve the cut off pattern, the block off plate is upside down because the light projected through a round project glass will be inverted upside down.

like looking into the concave area of a spoon. your image is upside down.

ive done about 5 retro fits, and im currently working on a q45 six shooter projector in a k5 600 headlight bucket.:yumyum i will post pics when i get home from work.

it doesnt direct the upper reflection down, or the lower reflection up, as stated before. The reflection is semetrical in the reflection bucket and blocked at determind points by the OEM. if you will look close you will even notice that the block off plate should be notched or stepped, to actually lower the block off level on the left side for oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
spotty mcgee said:
To achieve the cut off pattern, the block off plate is upside down because the light projected through a round project glass will be inverted upside down.

like looking into the concave area of a spoon. your image is upside down.

ive done about 5 retro fits, and im currently working on a q45 six shooter projector in a k5 600 headlight bucket.:yumyum i will post pics when i get home from work.

it doesnt direct the upper reflection down, or the lower reflection up, as stated before. The reflection is semetrical in the reflection bucket and blocked at determind points by the OEM. if you will look close you will even notice that the block off plate should be notched or stepped, to actually lower the block off level on the left side for oncoming traffic.
good luck tryin to fit that monster in there.... you are gonna need it... definately post some pics when you are done.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Wow that headlight is sweet

·
Registered
348 Posts
my neighbour has an xs1100 and bought a HID kit, he's currently trying to figure out HTF to mount the thing as its too long for the plastic shroud he's got on his headlamp, might have to get something custom made.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.