Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Merry Christmas to all!

Yesterday I finished replacing and changing the light bulbs in the front housing. I replaced the low beam with a 6000k 50w DDM HID, Similarly colored halogen high beams and parking light. The install was to follow gixxeroeight as i couldn't seem to find enough room under the steering column. The HID is installed and the wires are ran up through the slot in the front left corner, down behind the fairing. gixxeroeight zip tied his ballast to the group of wires located behind that fairing. I decided to try mounting it to the inner black fairing. I used scotch fasteners (rated to hold 2lbs per strip - used two). Anyway, at this point it looks sung and when the fairing is on, still plenty of room b/t that and the ballast and im assuming that it will stay snug and cool when riding (but that will have to wait to be seen when the weather warms up!

Pictures below are from my iphone so sorry for the quality but enjoy!

Disregard the towels in the intake...the bike is setup for winter storage.

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
More...

Attachments

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
sbombard15 i did buy from ddmtuning.com but no the ones i bought are no longer shown...it was a 55w 6000k that was sold as a single unit for motorcycle purposes...and when i think about it, the ballast and connectors are different b/t what they are showing and mine ( i have two hard wires coming from the ballast...weird my brother just bought hids for his truck and they are the same to what is now found on ddmtuning.com)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hey where did you get the Parking light from and what is the part number... also what bulbs did you go with for the high beams?

Looking to do this same set-up within the next few weeks...

·
Registered
144 Posts
Nice install! I have the same light for about 6 months now with no trouble yet.. Just make sure you point the light down a notch with the brighter light youre going to piss everyone off..

What brand and model.. possibly even a pic of the package did you go with for the hibeams... Ive tried 3 different sets for a close match and theyre all a bit off...

Cheers!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts