Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Sorry guys, i looked into the forum a lot but i didn't fount anything about my problem... :hammer

I buyed an HID kit from xenonlamp...
The problem is:

The kit has an h7 lamp, but my bike has a sort of spacer between the lamp and the connector of the wiring... If I mount the xenon bulb, it will wobble inside the headlight.. did you had the same problem?

How did you solve it?

Thank you! ;)

Sorry for my english... :banghead

·
Premium Member
494 Posts
One of the two HID kits I used had a removable ring/reflective tab which I removed(never caused fitment issue). I heard that H7 and H4 have similar bases, could the company have sent you an H4? Post a picture of your original bulb and a comparison photo of the HID bulb.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One of the two HID kits I used had a removable ring/reflective tab which I removed(never caused fitment issue). I heard that H7 and H4 have similar bases, could the company have sent you an H4? Post a picture of your original bulb and a comparison photo of the HID bulb.
Nope man... It's an H7... I done the work but the new problem is that when i start the engine, the kit stops to work... :shifty
I really don't know what is the problem...

can it be the tension regulator? :dunno

·
Registered
7 Posts
OK, as far as the spacer goes you can do one of 2 things.....#1 buy a gsxr HID kit which comes with a specific bulb and spacer with it......or #2 bend the metal clip into a different shape and use a little RTV silicone and it will stay like a champ and not move or leak water into your headlight. As far as it staying on, are you running a realy kit on the ballast? Bikes dont have the headlight power capable to keep the ballasts running. You need to run a relay to your battery and running light and then run the lead wire off the relay to your ballast.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I thought the spacer goes on the high beam, the spacer will not fit on the top headlight. I tried to use the spacer on mine and no go, don't bend that clip ur light will not sit still while riding

1 - 5 of 5 Posts