Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may have been asked, but I got tired of searching the forums. Is the E39 projector good for retrofitting? I am also wondering if I could just buy an H7 conversion kit made for the bike and make it fit into the projector housing, and if will disperse the light properly. Any helpful advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanx

·
Registered
2,233 Posts
I'm not sure how big 06 projectors are, but my 05 750 projector is about 2.5 inches diameter and had a hard time fitting E39 lense in it.
My guess is 06 models have same size lense, then E39 projector is bit too large to fit. Is is possible. Hell I've done it.;)
You might want to consider using TSX projector.
I now have E55 bi-xenon and TSX stacked one on top of the other now.
Very nice output.:cheers
post up some pics if you're doing retrofit. I'm always thumbs up for retrofit.

·
Registered
942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I looked at your retro knocker, looks great. I just got talked to my friend who got access to all the HID hardware out of 2001 Acura TL, do you know if that would be any better. He had the E39, either way he's giving the hardware to me, but if you could let me know which would be easier i would appreciate. I'm not sure what projector fits the tl, however the TL comes with everything, not just projector. Also what paint did you use to paint the headlight housing, could it be powder coated.

Since i didn't clarify i got a 06 600 and was wanting to retro the projector into the top where the h7 is.
Thanks for the help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.