Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone been lurking around the site a little bit decided to join up. Im not a bike owner yet but soon as I sell my mustang I will be purchasing a 98-01 GSXR 600. Not sure if im gonna buy the bike now or take the MSF course 1st. Cant really decide probably go ahead and buy the bike maybe ride it around our subdivision only and take the MSF course soon as they can take me. Anyways got a few questions. Im a smaller guy 5ft10in 138lbs
and not the strongest fella out there think I will have a problem? I havent sat on a gixxer yet but tommorrow we are having a cook out and my cousin is bringing his 600 gonna sit on it see how it fits me and possibly take it around the subdivision to try it out. I got alot of experience on motorcycles but none are on road. I have road some pretty fast bikes and quads but none as fast as the 600. Anyways looking forward in growing in the motorcycle community and this site. Thanks for looking

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Doh !

Forgot to ask in my orginal post about some gear. I planning on buying some Alpinestar gloves and some leather. But what is better full leather or just leather pants and a jacket. I dont have a ton of money to put some some gear but if needed to I will buy what it takes to keep me safe. Probably gonna get a helment from the Yamaha shop sinse its closer and try to color match it or go straight to suzuki. Anyone know a good place online that has good prices to get some Alpinestar gear? I got some Alpinestar boots but they are MX boots thinking of getting some different ones with more protection.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Welcome! Get the best gear that you can afford. Stick to leather though!! 1 piece suits are the best - then 2 piece and so on. Check all of the site sponsors for prices!!

rob

·
Registered
399 Posts
Welcome, all I got to say is ride knowing that if you arent respectfull of the bike it can kill you or hurt you real bad...

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Welcome to the site.
Unless you're planning on doing track days in the future, a 2 piece suit would probably do ya just fine. If I were you, I'd do the MSF course first before actually committing to buying a bike. You might change your mind on what you want to start out on.

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

1 - 11 of 11 Posts