Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

Hi I am new here✋?

1474 Views 29 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  Ironhead401
I am a Registered Nurse in the crazy virus ? area! However, I am lucky enough to own a 2007 GSXR 600 she has 8000 miles on her and the only problem I have is that I am 5’1” tall and have a hard time backing up my bike. I wear boots yet I am still a bit short. I hear that lowering the bike is not the best idea. I have seen a thread on seat shaving and I am going to try it!! Stacy ?
See less See more
1 - 9 of 30 Posts
Hi Stacy, welcome. Kudos for not just automatically lowering the bike. I'd suggest walking it in reverse and not trying to do it on the bike. Stand on the right side so you're not reaching over the bike for the front brake.
Reactions: 1
So Stacy. What are you guys hearing as far as duration with the coronavirus? News article said government health officials said "social distancing" could last into the summer. I work in tv/film in nyc so that's along time for me to be out of work.
Vic, I honestly believe that it won’t be that long. All evidence points to approx 45 days as long as people get on board with social distancing. NYC is doing what needs to be done by closing mostly everything. Drive thru testing is being set up in a lot of places. Things will turn around fairly quick I hope us Nurses are working day and night!
Thanks, that is promising. Yes you guys will be working your asses off. Thanks in advance.

Also my name is Bob. Vic Armstrong is just the guy who said that quote in my signature. ?
I am trying... (y)

Not to be an alarmist, but I have a friend at Homeland Security and he's telling me a nationwide shutdown is coming, 48-72 hrs.
They're mobilizing the National Guard to do 30 day stints.
Would not be surprising. Whatever we need to do to shorten this thing
Definitely, there is some good news from the scientists. so let’s keep our fingers crossed gentlemen and we will all get out of this virus free!! ?
What is the good news?
Scientists in Australia have a medication that completely kills the virus, morena a company in Massachusetts has already started trial vaccines, Kaiser has also, Canadian and DUTCH scientists Were able to isolate and replicate the virus so that should help with development on a vaccine, and John Hopkins has been able to get the antibodies from infected patients so they are also making a so called “antidote”. China and South Korea have both had the number of recoveries be greater then the number of infected and that number has been increasing over the last 3 days. Web. People stop being assholes and work together amazing things can happen ?
Good to hear, thank you.
Iv just landed back in Aust after a holiday in the states ... there was a huge process getting back into Aust/airport
Was going to ask how you made out getting back. Glad you're home.
Reactions: 1
A family near me in Freehold, NJ lost it's mother & two sons.
Mom was 73 & the son's were in their 50's, but both kids didn't have any underlying health issues.
There were also 6 other family members who tested positive, four are critical..:(
My sister in law lives in Freehold and I believe she knows that family if it's the same one I'm thinking of. Awful. If it's the same family, the girl my sister in laws age is stuck at her boyfriend's house and can't go home to see her family.
Hi, welcome to the forum! First of all thank you for your service and good work in the industry that is the most needed currently. As for your post, I'm short too, about 5'3 and I never touch the ground on most of the bikes I ride. I don't like lowering the bikes as it changes the way they ride and how the suspension works. I've shaved down the seat on bikes I've owned in the past, including my dirt bikes. That seems to work the best, as does altering a few ways that I stop and hold the bike up. Instead of trying to put both tippy toes down, I do the hip slide and put one foot down (usually the right foot) and then (this is the important part) I turn my hips INTO the bike. This helps me have more strength to hold the bike up. Good luck!
Double thumbs up ??
1 - 9 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.