Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
15,293 Posts
Scientists in Australia have a medication that completely kills the virus, morena a company in Massachusetts has already started trial vaccines, Kaiser has also, Canadian and DUTCH scientists Were able to isolate and replicate the virus so that should help with development on a vaccine, and John Hopkins has been able to get the antibodies from infected patients so they are also making a so called “antidote”. China and South Korea have both had the number of recoveries be greater then the number of infected and that number has been increasing over the last 3 days. Web. People stop being assholes and work together amazing things can happen 😊
Good to hear, thank you.

·
Administrator
13,553 Posts
Iv just landed back in Aust after a holiday in the states ... there was a huge process getting back into Aust/airport

·
17,050 Posts
What is the good news?
A family near me in Freehold, NJ lost it's mother & two sons.
Mom was 73 & the son's were in their 50's, but both kids didn't have any underlying health issues.
There were also 6 other family members who tested positive, four are critical..:(

·
Administrator
15,293 Posts
A family near me in Freehold, NJ lost it's mother & two sons.
Mom was 73 & the son's were in their 50's, but both kids didn't have any underlying health issues.
There were also 6 other family members who tested positive, four are critical..:(
My sister in law lives in Freehold and I believe she knows that family if it's the same one I'm thinking of. Awful. If it's the same family, the girl my sister in laws age is stuck at her boyfriend's house and can't go home to see her family.

·
17,050 Posts
My sister in law lives in Freehold and I believe she knows that family if it's the same one I'm thinking of. Awful. If it's the same family, the girl my sister in laws age is stuck at her boyfriend's house and can't go home to see her family.
Probably.
They had a large Italian dinner & I guess someone had been in contact with the 59 y.o. Bergen County guy who died.
it spread thru that family at the dinner.
Crazy shit..

·
Registered
30 Posts
That's an amazingly clean & tidy bike for 2007. It looks fantastic.. As for your height vs the bikes seat height, I am about 5' 6" or 5' 7" and I have a GSX-R1000 L8 and I have to be on my guard for reversing and stopping in the wrong place etc too. Impossible for me to push backwards from on the bike seat too so I simply get off then pull backwards. Of course the 1000 is a bit taller than a 600 so some of my height is quickly soaked up by this. I just put up with it because there's not much else I can do...

Last night we went down to the supermarket to stock up a bit (without panic buying). We thought we'd go down after dinner and avoid the crowds. Huh, that theory soon evaporated as we drove in. I think half the town also thought the same thing. Never seen anything like it before - not a single loaf of bread left, sod all canned foods, no sugar, so we got what we could and took off. It was like a plague of locusts had stripped the place nude. We tried again early this morning,, huh again, there they all were yet again but we got our fill of bread and sugar plus a few cans this time. Never seen anything like it before...!!!

Our first confirmed cases were only a few weeks back, but now it's ramping up a bit. We "were" behind the rest of the world, being a bit isolated here, but I think it's still going to get much worse before it blows over here. Just found out that a guy just down the road was one of the first few, a couple of weeks ago - GULP...!!! That's when it hit home here, just how easy this can spread and how close it can get..
Cheers and welcome GixxerRN.
Al

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi!
Getting back to the original subject, I ride with a lady that's also short, she's 5'2" and had problems with seat height.
She didn't want to alter the bike as she's not to mechanically inclined even though I offered to do the alteration for her.
Jokingly, I told her instead of lowering the bridge, why don't we raise the river?
She went to our local shoemaker and had him add 3/4 inch to her boot soles and that helped tremendously in her comfort on her bike.
She says it took a short time to adjust to the raised soles but she's comfortable holding her bike up a stops.
Something to try maybe.

kanikazeonagixxer

·
Registered
286 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! First of all thank you for your service and good work in the industry that is the most needed currently. As for your post, I'm short too, about 5'3 and I never touch the ground on most of the bikes I ride. I don't like lowering the bikes as it changes the way they ride and how the suspension works. I've shaved down the seat on bikes I've owned in the past, including my dirt bikes. That seems to work the best, as does altering a few ways that I stop and hold the bike up. Instead of trying to put both tippy toes down, I do the hip slide and put one foot down (usually the right foot) and then (this is the important part) I turn my hips INTO the bike. This helps me have more strength to hold the bike up. Good luck!

·
Administrator
15,293 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum! First of all thank you for your service and good work in the industry that is the most needed currently. As for your post, I'm short too, about 5'3 and I never touch the ground on most of the bikes I ride. I don't like lowering the bikes as it changes the way they ride and how the suspension works. I've shaved down the seat on bikes I've owned in the past, including my dirt bikes. That seems to work the best, as does altering a few ways that I stop and hold the bike up. Instead of trying to put both tippy toes down, I do the hip slide and put one foot down (usually the right foot) and then (this is the important part) I turn my hips INTO the bike. This helps me have more strength to hold the bike up. Good luck!
Double thumbs up 👍👍

21 - 30 of 30 Posts