Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone please help me out im trying to put the button start onto my bike as some little theifing f#***snapped a screwdriver off in my ignition over the weekend az it's my only transport for work I cant wait 10 days to be able to ride. Can anyone tell me where or what wire I have to put the 100 oem resistor so my fuel pump kicks and my bike starts again. Im stuck and don't want to join the wrong wire and make it worse any help would be great

·
Captain Obvious ... because obviously it’s obvious
3,849 Posts
There’s no chance someone is going to teach you how to Hotwire your bike, because that’s what thieves ask

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes I understand what your saying there but in this case that isn't the case at all I'd be happy to wait till the parts come from USA but it is a backorder of up to 10 weeks az they don't stock them and getting to work is going to be he'll without my bike impossible actually so this was my only option

·
Registered
110 Posts
Lmao .... did u get the bike home in a van? U would of had a better chance if u said I broke my key in ignition instead of a screwdriver hahaha.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here in Melbourne aus bike theft is going threw the roof and the same thing has happened to my mates ignition twice in the past month the only way to keep your bike is to chain it to a poll and even then they will try have a crack at taking it it's bullshit n screws the riders that need their bike to commute to every day jobs but thanks anyway guys

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I wish they put it in a van to be honest insurance will pay out quicker than the new ignition will get here I figured this would be the response I'd get from the post but had to try! They smashed the key barrel with what looks like a snapped off screwdriver but has then smashed off the bottom of the ignition to get to the wires

·
Registered
5 Posts
Does it have an ignition immobilizer on it?, because if it does it just got complicated. I just went through the same thing with a friends bike. The key has to be in exactly the right position. Just having it near the lock won't work.

·
Administrator
13,344 Posts
I wish they put it in a van to be honest insurance will pay out quicker than the new ignition will get here I figured this would be the response I'd get from the post but had to try! They smashed the key barrel with what looks like a snapped off screwdriver but has then smashed off the bottom of the ignition to get to the wires
I’m 2.5 hours from you ... it’s unlucky that’s happened to you , but we won’t be helping anyone that just joins the site to ask questions like that.

You surely can understand

1 - 8 of 8 Posts