Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Dudes.....Im new to this forum...Ive just sold me Yam FZR1000 (89) and bought a mint and I mean mint GSXR750 wp (94) 13000 miles full dealer service etc etc.

I have a couple of questions and I wondered if any of you guys could help out?

The bike IS mint except for two things...

1...The downpipes are a bit knacked and rusty with a small hole near the collector box...are stainless ones available for this bike and if so where do I get em?
2...The bike only seems to get about 25miles to the gallon when ridden fairly gentle!..I noticed that these gixxers have mikuni 38m bdst carbs...my FZR had similar carbs fitted and the needle jets (enulsion tubes to some) used to wear like hell on the Fizzer and cause poor fuel economy and poor performance.I just wondered if the GSXR suffered from the same problem.Performance is good and the bike pulls cleanly through all the rev renge but there is a substantial soot build up around the end of the can.

Any advice is really appreciated......thanks

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
welcome to GDC club.

as for most of your questions, you should jump into the cooler forum by scrolling down. (i do believe your is a cooler) Anyways, the first question i could answer.

Yes, they still do make them. For your best deal, contact our site sponsor, they should hook you up really nice on the exhaust. If you want to check out on the deals we have here... just jump into the group buy section.

·
Jurassic Skool
79,800 Posts
Welcome to the boards.
That's a water pumper, eh? Check that forum out for questions. FastCat's the resident carb expert... She haunts the oil cooler and the water pumper forums.

·
Registered
8,423 Posts
Welcome to GDC!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Guys.....Thanks for the welcome na dthanks for the info!

Yeah mine is a water pumper...Is that good or bad?...I know Suzuki messed around eith air/oil/water for a bit.

Ill post some q's in the cooler section then.

Many many thanks.....;-}

·
Registered
3,340 Posts

1 - 8 of 8 Posts