Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a boo boo with my classic 97 600 Gixxer back in June. Repairing the damage was an option but figured I'd try a set of fairings from heymanspeed motor out of Hong Kong (or somewhere there...). The paint and finish were OK but the fit of the 3 tail piece fairings was horrible. The big side fairings had the holes for the signal light stalks but no way of attaching the units to the fairing itself! A number of holes were missing in the lowers and almost every hole needed "adjustment". As for the "free windscreen". Well, I tried it. It was brittle, had the wrong angles and cracked after the first 1/2 day. Part of it finally blew out at 210 kph...

I can't seem to post any of my detailed pics so, if you would like to see them, post a reply and I'll send them to you...

Update: Repaired and repainted the OEM parts (kind of a fun project) and recycled the entire fairing set at the local recycler (kind of fun too...). Next time I guess it will be used OEM, repainted to match.

PS: Thanks for the uplifting comments people but it is difficult to keep 5 bikes on the road and in the bush and you have look to try and save a buck here and there. Try it sometime...

PPS: BTW, it wasn't whining; it was an attempt to disuade anybody else from making the same mistake. Again thanks for the fucking consideration...

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
You get what you pay for,buy junk and thats what ya get

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
You can dress them up but ya can't take them out...
Loosely translated that means we have tried to tell you but it's something you gotta figure out on you own and it appears that you have.
Nothing fits like the o.e.m. stuff... nothing!

·
Premium Member
24,541 Posts
Isnt it amazing how people are too cheap to buy OEM parts &then have the audacity to join a forum for the sole purpose of complaining about it? Everyone except the nOoBies knows OEM plastics are the best...

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
The advice I give anyone/everyone who is considering the Chinese bodywork is this:
If you are slapping a bike together for a quick sale, the Chinese stuff will hold together till the check clears and not any longer then that.
If you are building a bike to keep & ride, then ONLY o.e.m. plastics will do!

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
I just bought a set of fairings from a new ebay company.
I think these came from Poland though.
The name of the company is Ourshitdontfit.
Maybe it was Germany?

·
Registered
183 Posts
I just bought a set of fairings from a new ebay company.
I think these came from Poland though.
The name of the company is Ourshitdontfit.
Maybe it was Germany?
Lmao!

Sent from my DROID X2 using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,378 Posts
I always say to have some fucken respect for your bike and buy OEM parts.
It's kinda like fucking fat chicks. It don't happen cause I have respect for my dick as well! :biggrin

·
Banned
23,398 Posts
Well...everyone's budget is different and I respect that.
As my dear old dad would say..."don't be penny wise and dollar foolish" though.
As crafty as the Chinese are, they still haven't duplicated the o.e.m. fit & finish of the Japanese body work.
I have purchased 3 or 4 of these sets in my time.
While the finish, in some cases, was actually better with clear over all the decals, the fit still leaves much to be desired.
That being said...sometimes you need to experience it for yourself to truly appreciate the difference.
But...In all fairness "fat chicks" need love too!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts