Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We all know I have a 92 11 can I put a 6spd tranny in there???

Karl

no one can be told what the gixxer is, they have to experience it for themselves

------------------

·
Registered
17,099 Posts
i've heard about it being done before, but it might not be a good idea - as the 6-speed tranny will need to come from a 750, and the parts might not be strong enough to hold up to the 1100's torque.

------------------

·
Registered
434 Posts
I believe it is done best place to check is www.robbynitroz.nl the streetfighter guys in europe that build a lot of 7/11 they have a forum.

------------------
86 totally non stock

·
Registered
398 Posts
Its not a matter of can it be done..but of how much money do you have? The cases will need to be machinedmounts made, gears trated for strength, and clearances checked. NOT an easy task but if its worth it to you then yes! Contact R&D transmissions..they might be alot more help to you..or Fast By Gast. Hope it helps!

------------------

·
Premium Member
3,183 Posts
I was offered a six speed used factory gearset for the '93 1100. $2500!!! No thanks. Can you imagine the fun of trying to replace bearings/shims/gears....yadda yadda. Though the bolt in aspect was sweet.

Now if I ever hear of a 'busa motor that threw a crank, I might just have to see what the gearset will go for for that over the top project

I used to hear about the 7/11s doing it all the time (oil cooled). I also heard about a lot of blown gearboxes!!

------------------

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys I'll leave the tranny alone.
I'll be taking it for a ride this weekend on the new whell base.
I'll keep everyone posted.

Karl

------------------

1 - 6 of 6 Posts