Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's really cool, it's one of those new mesh helmets for summertime. They're made of mesh so they flow better and you don't get all hot (and it does get hot here (FL is the Devil's livingroom). Man, I can't wait to test it out

·
Registered
2,284 Posts
Sounds kewl...how much HP does it add???

·
Registered
157 Posts
I don't think you gain HP with any other helmets than the Turbo Helmets. You know them... them make that wissssssshhhhhh noise when you twist the handle.

·
Registered
887 Posts
how much??? god i have been thinking about inventing one of thoes for so long. I was thinking i would sell them to the guys on the race track, im sure they would love something that flows better

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Originally posted by gsxrboy:
Damn, we miss out on a bit of cool gear here, will someone export for me?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">DM - I'm in the middle of arganinsing a deal with a company called Stupidity Imports down in Fremantle who says they can get them in for Australian distribution. I've organised for exclusive rights and it is now just down to haggling over the cost of import duties.

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by Woodster:
DM - I'm in the middle of arganinsing a deal with a company called Stupidity Imports down in Fremantle who says they can get them in for Australian distribution. I've organised for exclusive rights and it is now just down to haggling over the cost of import duties.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sweet, are they going to stock the different coloured power bands as well?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Woodster:
DM - I'm in the middle of arganinsing a deal with a company called Stupidity Imports down in Fremantle who says they can get them in for Australian distribution. I've organised for exclusive rights and it is now just down to haggling over the cost of import duties.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sweet, are they going to stock the different coloured power bands as well?</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I couldn't get a definite answer on that one. Something to do with different colour standards in different regions. Because the Americans don't have any u in the word colour it is apprrently really hard to establish a proper international standard for these power bands

·
Registered
7,539 Posts
Originally posted by Woodster:
it is apprrently really hard to establish a proper international standard for these power bands
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think they are spinning you some crap about that, somewhere in this forum section is the only colours used. I would be careful if you are ordering power bands from these guys, they might not be ridge-didge power bands.. Just a heads up for this.

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
I think they are spinning you some crap about that, somewhere in this forum section is the only colours used. I would be careful if you are ordering power bands from these guys, they might not be ridge-didge power bands.. Just a heads up for this.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Cheers. Thanks for the warning. When I spoke to the on the phone it seemd like they knew what they were talking about but after reading your message I checked their address and when I got to 16498B Mitchell Freeway I found it was just one of those emergency phones. Does this mean they are not as reputable as I thought?

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Not sure on the company you mention but for reference the power band discussion was

http://www.gixxer.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=19&t=000277&p=

If you can confirm this is what they are offering you might be ok, maybe they got spooked 'coz somebody new what they were talking about and was asking tricky questions that they didn't have an answer for.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes - I do remember that discussion. It was about when I mentioned the Braille lettering on the powerbands that I sort of lost them. I'll call them back and see if I can speak to their technical manager. Maybe he knows more about the importing rights of the powerbands.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts