Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the weather is getting pretty crappy now but I have to ride through the winter, just got some GP Product that protects the bike thru winter, it's better than Scottoiler FS365 because it doesn't wash off with rain, but it does leave white residue that looks like a seagul has got it and you have to remove it with white spirit!

I also discovered that jetwashing 15 year old wheels isn't a good idea, because it takes the paint off too!!

Been in new job 2 months ish and loving it. My impressions of large motorcycle dealerships were that they were not personable and didn't care much, I was wrong, the guys here are fantastic.

Just got my heated grips and YES waterproof with Dainese gortex gloves so i am all set, and it is lovely riding in the autumn/winter when it is dry!!

Safe riding peeps

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Julia,
I moved to Spain, the weather is just cooling off enough to ride my bike again. The Summer is too hot to wear leathers!
So now I can get used to riding my new k4 750

·
Registered
120 Posts
funny, i just left my job in the m/c trade, its nice to have my weekends back again...

I do miss certain bits, like trade price anything, but i have taken such a pay rise that the 33% i saved is irrelevant really.

Boss has asked me 3 times in a month to go back though...

guess I was pretty good...

·
Registered
120 Posts
tell me about it, the trade is on its knee's at the moment, shame really.

For a government who's not forcing a recession, they're doing a good job of making it look like they are...

I'm back doing web design and singwriting again, which is what i'm trained in, so i'm happy enough for now...

Glad your enjoying it anyway, are you in Brighton or crawley?

I was going to apply for the other job cos there were two advertised from what i remember

·
Registered
120 Posts
do you just hack up the 23 then off towards manor royal down fleming way then gatwick road? thats got to be the quickest i guess? i'll pop down somepoint if the weathers nice ish, you'll recognise the Chrome KBC and yellow/black Dainese's, i do like to co-ordinate!!!

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Julia_ said:
Hey matey, how you doing? You here for Christmas, or jetting around the world?
Lol
I just got back from Portugal but I'll be home till the middle of Jan then it's off to Greece, Malta, Cyprus, Turkey and Egypt. I'll be gone for about 3 weeks.
Are any rides or events planned soon?
Damn I feel quite bad about selling my bike to my mate. I don't know if you remember but the Gixxer was not running very well at low revs, well it turns out, after removing the head, that the problem is caused by the valve guides and will cost a fair whack to repair. I tried to convince him not to by it from me but he insisted, he's not pissed off at me or anything but I feel like a dick.

See ya soon

Axel

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey mate, shame about the bike, but you weren't to know. I reckon you are a smuggler, all those trips abroard, you mule!!!

No trips planned, takes it out of me riding 50 miles a day now, sad innit!

See you soon, happy xmas

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
Julia_ said:
Hey mate, shame about the bike, but you weren't to know. I reckon you are a smuggler, all those trips abroard, you mule!!!

No trips planned, takes it out of me riding 50 miles a day now, sad innit!

See you soon, happy xmas
Ok I do buy fags when I'm away, a box of 20 in Portugal only costs € 2.35.

Yeah same to you have a good one.

Cheers

Axel

·
Registered
3,909 Posts
fugitiveorphan said:
hey, he wanted the bike. you know how it is when you find the bike you want...no amount of advice can change your mind!
Yeah and I do have a clean conscience as I told him everything that I thought and knew was wrong with the bike. I also told him that owning an 18-year-old Gixxer is not like owning a new bike and that it needs constant repairing and maintenance so I guess he knew what he was in for. I will obviously help him where I can but I cannot afford to repair the head.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
5 Participants
Aksman
Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com
A forum community dedicated to the Suzuki GSX-R motorcycle. Discuss the GSX-R600, GSX-R750, GSX-R1000, and GSX-R1100, and more!
Full Forum Listing