Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,263 Posts
What about a link to it? I am not really in the mood to weed in the GD fourm lookin for it.. Sorry

John

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
sorry about that I still have not figured out how to do the link thing oh well.

Just to let you guys know that I found the problem If you remove the left fairing on the 96-99 you will find all of the wiring harnesses that go to the front of the bike. There is a yellow one not sure of all that is in it but It sucks. I started to wiggle it and walla the lights came on the problem now is that I can make the lights come off and on at will by just touching the f*cking thing. So what I am going to do is hard wire the thing it should only take about an hour or so.

Lesson learned if you have a wiring problem just shack the wires..............

Mess

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
i THINK THE YELLOW BLOCK IS THE LEFT HAND SWITHES AND THE BLACK ONE IS THE RIGHT HADLEBAR SWITCHES

·
Registered
582 Posts
What I would do is make sure all the wires are getting good conections..i know around the steering column some stuff can get shorted out..happend to me blowing mad fuses..first blew main fuse..which is a fucking bitch to get to..then it blew the signal fuse..fixed that..now the ignition fuse blows like once a week..grrr.. i would take off all the fairings and just play with stuff..you will get it eventually.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
same thing happens to me too.. I ended up using some blue shower (non conductive electrical spray.. corrosion killer.. the wd-40 of electric connectors) - and scraped the bad pins off with a small flathead screwdriver. Then I took some small needlenose pliers and gave the bad pins a slight bend to make them contact more solidly.. no problems ever since!! here's a sweet ascii diagram for you

--------- <- pin
__
---/ \-- <- extreme example of what I did

hope that helps!

- G

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well basically I throw all of that out of the window when I found out what it was. I basically hard wired the entire connector. sodered and heat shrunk them all. They pissed me off so they had to die. NO MORE PROBLEMS>>>>....

·
Registered
617 Posts
Originally posted by *MESS*:
I basically hard wired the entire connector. sodered and heat shrunk them all. They pissed me off so they had to die. NO MORE PROBLEMS>>>>....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You aren't the first one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts