Suzuki GSX-R Motorcycle Forums Gixxer.com banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have put together a page on how to do gauge cluster backlighting color changes. Just keep in mind that I need the work as I will be getting a new apartment after the first of the year and would be glad to do them for you.

Blue Backlighting

[ 04-21-2002, 02:26 PM: Message edited by: Hunter ]

·
Registered
7,769 Posts
Thanks Yellow. I was wondering how tough it would be. Now I know that it is beyond my abilities. If I can free up some funding, I'll send my gages your way.

·
Registered
14,162 Posts
When it gets cold enough here I think I am going to get that done

G

·
hey thats really great of u to post up DIY instructions when u do it for money also....good on ya!

is there anything i can do to spruce up the tach and display for my 98?....i'd send the bitch to u but ur too far away hehehe.....

·
Registered
7,958 Posts
It's a shame I don't have an 01 and up bike, thats a bargain for all that work. I'd have thrown the whole lot in the bin in a fit of frustration by step 5.

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Yellow, what do these designations mean?
GSXR-BL-R (for the 2001 1K)
-D

·
Registered
108 Posts
I can hardly believe you do all that soldering for that cheap! I think you should start charging more, after you do mine of course!
later

·
Registered
2,228 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by criminalspeed:
Yellow, what do these designations mean?
GSXR-BL-R (for the 2001 1K)
-D
<hr></blockquote>

GSXR (obvious)
BL (back lighting)
r (red)

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
Other than overheating, are there any other problems?

I'm pretty good ith an iron.

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: kennyb ]</p>

·
Registered
243 Posts
Thanks for the info!! I think I'll still have you do it when the weather get bad since I would mess something up!

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: FireDawg_D ]</p>

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Thanks Luttersj,
Yellow, how much for a split combo, red and blue?
Have you done this before?
-D

[ 12-10-2001: Message edited by: criminalspeed ]</p>

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
Good info but I still rather have you do it or me

·
Registered
356 Posts
That's really cool that you would post instructions. I was going to do it myself, but now that I have instructions, I almost feel guilty. Maybe I'll buy some of those LEDs off of you.

·
Registered
8,368 Posts
Cool bro - sweet instructionz. Doezn't look that hard. I just hate soldering (I us to love and I'm good at it), but after Tech school and soldering all kindz of shit - mother boardz and am/fm radio kitz (I got sick of it). No I don't even like soldering my batteriez for my electric rc car.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts